Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-in: Week Twenty-Two

I'm a week out from surgery and feeling pretty good.  The surgeon said he took close to a pound off each side.  Which is a little crazy when you think about it.  I'm sore and I've had bouts of nausea, light-headedness, dizzy spells but for the most part I've been surprised by how easy recovery has been.  I go back to the see the surgeon today to get the dressing and bandaging off.  I'm excited to see the results.  I was so pleased with the outpatient care center where I had the surgery.  I had to stay over night and I was the only patient that night.  The nurses were so sweet and took great care of me (and Patrick).  I was sick from the anesthesia but that was really the only bad thing.  I expected to be in a lot more pain.  I was expecting to feel pain more like after my csections and it wasn't that bad at all.  I've felt so lazy because I pretty much rested and laid around until Sunday.  The kids came back home Sunday so we've been trying to get back to a somewhat normal day.  Yesterday was the Thanksgiving Feast at Barrett's school.  It was the first day I've put on real clothes.  I was so tired when we got home.  It's going to take some time to get back to normal, I'm going to try not to rush it but it's hard.  I did weigh in today and I'm pleased with the number.
-1.8lbs this week.  I'm guessing that's pretty much all surgically removed. Ha!
Moving right along.  So close to my end goal!  I've been so relaxed lately with my diet and I need to get back on track and buckle down to get these last 17lbs off.

No comments: