Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Beach Weekend

The stars aligned and it worked out for us to sneak in a long weekend at the beach with Tony and Carla!  It had been nearly two years since we'd gotten to stay with them  We were so excited to get to spend time with them and make some memories at the beach.  

Barrett took this with his iPad and it just made me laugh.



AveryAnn was about two weeks out of her cast and she was starting to get around pretty good. The beach was a little challenging for her but she loved playing in the sand.
Our schedule was clear for the weekend when we planned this little trip, then our team picked up another one day tournament.  Coach was fine that we already had plans and couldn't make it. We were really sad to miss it but it gave our alternate a chance to play.  All that to say, he still had to take his ball and glove to the beach and play catch with Patrick.

We got down there around 5:00 Friday evening.  It was a little stormy.

But cleared up in time for us to head to the beach and catch the sunset!

I was able to snap a few pictures of the kids.  I actually took my real camera this trip and I'm so glad I did!

We slept in Saturday because it was raining again!  Carla made us a wonderful breakfast casserole and mimosas.  One reason I love staying with them is we never go out to eat, they always cook fresh seafood for us in their kitchen and it's always amazing.  I love seafood but I hate waiting for a table and fighting crowds.  We get the best of both worlds with them.  Amazing seafood and no waiting!

I finally cleared up Saturday afternoon so we headed to the beach!  The boys went to the other side of the beach to see hermit crabs. While they were gone this bird came strutting by.

Carla somehow convinced AveryAnn to take a nap.  Beach naps are the best!

More catch.

We stayed out until sunset and it didn't disappoint.

My kids even cooperated for a few pictures.

I've got to get this one on a wall in my house ASAP!



We also managed to get a great family shot!




And Barrett snapped a good one of the four grownups.

He loved the beach! It was so sweet watching him play.
Once the sun went down we packed up and headed back to the house.  We cleaned up for dinner.  It was amazing once again!
We were heading home Sunday but weren't in a huge hurry.  I got up and went to Mass and then we hit the beach for a few hours before we packed up.  She stole my hat and she looked like a little sorority girl.  I feel like she's grown up so much this summer!


Then she found these goggles in the bag and had to put them on.  I laughed and laughed at her!

We packed up and headed home.  It was a short but sweet trip.  Carla and Tony are always so gracious to let us come stay and cook for us and help us with the kids.  It's so nice to have to extra adults to carry all the things to the beach.  It's so nice to have two other adults that will play with your kids when you just want to sit down for 5 minutes and enjoy the beach.  It truly feels like a vacation when we are with them.  I love the memories we made. 

No comments: