Friday, March 20, 2020

EPCOT- Day 3

Our third park day was EPCOT.  On our last trip our EPCOT day was somewhat of a disaster planning and weather wise and we actually loved the park way more than we had anticipated so we knew we wanted to spend as much time as possible in this park.  The weather was supposed to be a little warmer but also maybe rain some.  We had fast passes for Frozen Ever After, Mission Space and Figment.  We knew we wanted to ride Soarin' so we planned to ride it a rope drop.  We left POP right at 7:30, we were in line to get in the park by 8:15, lined up for rope drop by 8:45.  Once the rope dropped we headed straight to Soarin'.  AveryAnn just barely made the height requirement to ride.  So all four Horton's boarded our flight.  I wasn't sure how the kids would feel about the ride.  It's not really scary but it can be somewhat intense.  
AveryAnn hated it and cried nearly the entire ride.  Barrett said he liked it but didn't need to ride it again.  Patrick loved it (this was his favorite ride from our last trip so I knew he would). The line was still really short when we got off so I rode again with Jackson because he wanted to ride it again and I didn't get to really enjoy my first ride since AveryAnn was so upset.
Our first fast pass was for Frozen.  The wait to meet Anna and Elsa was less than 30 minutes So we decided to jump in that line before our fast pass. Well it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.  But it was worth it!

AveryAnn was just speechless.  It was so funny!





I just loved all the character interactions! 

After Frozen we headed to our Lunch reservation back at the Land building.  We had lunch at Garden Grill with Mickey, Pluto Chip & Dale.  




AveryAnn was cracking me up so much!
We missed our Mission Space fast pass because of lunch. (I didn't do a great job scheduling fast passes and meals.) After lunch I think we rode Nemo and Friends with the Moore family before our Figment fast pass.  I love the Nemo ride and the kids did too!  
After we rode Nemo and Figment we were going to wait to meet Wreck It Ralph.  But the line was not moving and it was hot so we decided to go walk around the world showcase instead.  I was in a bad mood at this point.  The day was not going how I envisioned it and I was not handling it well.  I think at one point I told Patrick lets just go back to the hotel.  It started to sprinkle rain and it was cooler than it was supposed to be.  I was just having a pity party.  There was a snack I wanted to get in France so we headed there.  I ordered it then realized it wasn't a snack credit on the dining plan.  Then I came out of the shop and AveryAnn had to potty so I didn't even get to enjoy it while it was warm.  At this point I was really done.  
We met up with John & Hope and walked some more.  I got a margarita at the margarita stand and was feeling better.  Ha!  We headed to Spaceship Earth. 
We'd never ridden it and it was slow and John thought the kids would like it. 

AveryAnn loved it!  She said it was her favorite ride.  

After Spaceship Earth we headed back over to Nemo and Friends to ride it with John and Hope.  While we were parking strollers I snapped some pictures of us with the Spaceship Earth ball.  There's so much construction at the entrance of the park we didn't get a good shot when we came in.


I love this one of the cousins!  The girls got matching Elsa dolls.  They really enjoyed getting to be together so much, it was so sweet!


I have this same picture of Barrett from our last trip.  It makes me smile so much!
We also did Turtle Talk with Crush.  AveryAnn got to ask Crush a question and it was so funny.

I tried to take as many pictures with the photo pass photographers as I could.

The Maxwell's headed back and we decided we were going to get a quick service dinner in the world showcase before we headed back.  Jessica and I had Mexican, the boys had Chinese.  It was a good time.  We walked back International gateway to ride the skyliner back and we noticed it was not moving.  So we snapped a picture with the Eiffel Tower. 
 
When we realized it didn't look like the skyliner would be running any time soon we headed to the bus stop.  (this would prove to be a huge mistake)
We were able to snag a picture with the ball before leaving!
We got to the bus stop and waited forever for a bus.  Probably an hour.  We were all about to lose it.  We ended up having a pretty great day but that ending almost ruined it for me.  All in all I'm still not pleased with how I planned this day but we made the most of it!  One thing I'm so mad I didn't do (that I fully intened to do) was get the kids passports to get stamped in each country.  Especially after seeing how much they enjoyed the wilderness explorers the nest day in Animal Kingdom.

No comments: