Monday, March 23, 2020

MAGIC KINGDOM- Day 5

Our fifth and final park day was at Magic Kingdom.  The weather was warming up and it was going to be a beautiful day!  We got up extra early to rope drop the extra magic hour.  I would say we were in the first 150 people there that morning.  We scanned in and they held us right at the tunnel.  Then they let us down Main Street.  We headed to Tomorrowland.  We wanted to ride Space Mountain and didn't have fast passes so that was where we were headed. Hope and I got in line first while Patrick and John took the kids on Buzz Lightyear.  When we got to the queue for Space Mountain the posted time was 50 minutes.  We waited maybe 20. 
The guys decided they didn't want to ride Space Mountain so they headed to Tomorrowland Speedway and we caught up with them right as they were getting in the cars so we snapped some pictures of them.  


Barrett thought he was big stuff getting to drive.  AveryAnn was killing me in those sunglasses. 
After that we headed to the Tea Cups. 
These girls had the best week together.  They were so dang cute!
The girls wanted to ride the Tea Cups again so we did.  I can't remember what the boys did.  After the Tea Cups we headed back to Buzz Lightyear so we could all ride it again before the wait got crazy.

It'd been a long week. ha!  
After Buzz we headed to the Barnstormer.  My kids are not thrill seekers.  We told them it wasn't really a roller coaster, and to me it isn't.  Their opinion was very different.  They were so excited until we started going and then they both cried the entire time.  I'm not sure if that makes us good parents or not but we enjoyed it nonetheless.
After Barnstormer we decided to grab some snacks.  We had about 28 snack credits left on Friday so we tried to burn through as many of them as we could.
AveryAnn and I rode Dumbo and Patrick and Barrett went to ride People Mover.  
After that we used our first fast pass on The Voyage of the Little Mermaid.  I got to ride with both the girls and they were so dang cute!  Madelyn became my little buddy this day and I loved it!

After Little Mermaid we rode Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.  Barrett didn't want to ride it so Patrick and I rode.  We laughed so much!  

We had some time to kill before our lunch reservation so we headed to Prince Charming's Regal Carousel.  Sweet times all four of us together.

 Our lunch reservation was at Be Out Guest.
We had dinner here last trip and I loved it so much.  They changed the dinner menu though and I didn't feel like it was worth two dining credits so we tried lunch since it's quick service.  I'll be honest, I didn't love it for lunch.  We made the mistake of not mobile ordering and probably waited 30 minutes just to order.  I felt like the order process at the kiosk was complicated.  
The Master's Cupcake topped with "grey stuff" was worth it though.  I love this restaurant so much for the atmosphere but I don't think i'll do lunch again.  I want to try it for breakfast. ( I actually had breakfast reservations booked for an upcoming day trip to see my niece in the parade but the trip got cancelled).
While we were at lunch I decided to cancel our fast pass to meet Mickey so we could get more fast passes.  I was able to snag one for Aladdin. 
There was a photo pass photographer right outside Be Our Guest so I wanted to snap some pictures since we were all dressed in our Beauty and the Beast gear.

I love these people so much.
After this we headed to Adventureland to hit Aladdin and Pirates, I'd hoped we could do Jungle Cruise too but the wait was too long.
We also went up in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.  Then we headed to Haunted Mansion.


While we were in line I grabbed fast passes for the girls to meet Rapunzel and Tiana.  AveryAnn is very into Tiana so she was so excited! 
Tiana was beautiful!

Gosh, I seriously can't get enough of these sweet pictures.


I hope these girls remember this trip forever! 


Headed to meet the boys and head to our last dinner.

Our last dinner was Chef Mickey's. 
We were all exhausted by this point in the week.

(If I had this to plan again I think I would have stayed at the park and then made brunch reservations on the day we left for Chef Mickey's.  The way we did it was fine but I wish we could have stayed at MK longer Friday night and I like breakfast more than dinner at Chef Mickey's).

We had a great dinner though and it was nice to all eat the last meal together.  We didn't do everything together the whole trip and it was nice to split up but it was also nice when we all got to be together.



 It was sweet night to end the week.

We slept in a little on Saturday and then got up and packed up to head home.  We still had a ton of meal credits so I went to food court and got us breakfast.  Then we went back and used all 20+ snack credits to buy goodies to bring back.  We made good time traveling home.  
It was a really fun, special week.  I know it will be a while before we get to go back and the kids will be so much older.  It's all so bittersweet!  I wish we could go back this year.  I feel like our kids are at "their" perfect ages for Disney.  Tall enough for everything they wanted to ride but still loved the magic of the characters and the dark rides.  It was truly a magical week.
That's not to say everything was perfect because it most definitely was not.  But looking back I have such great fondness for the week we had together!

No comments: