Thursday, July 16, 2020

AveryAnn's First Dance Recital

This was AveryAnn's first year of dance and she was so excited.  She went one day a week for 30 minutes and she loved every minute of it.  Of course it never failed whatever sport Barrett was playing the practice fell at the exact same time so I didn't get to take her to every class but she didn't care.  My mom took her when I couldn't and I am so appreciative.
We've been looking forward to her recital all year.  We went to Madelyn's recital last year so she knew what it would be like and she was excited.  It was supposed to be at the Alabama Theatre.  We were there at Christmas time and we all "oohhed and ahhed' over what a beautiful place it was going to be for her recital.
Well, then covid hit and we weren't sure we'd get to have a recital at all.  She didn't love the zoom classes nearly as much as she enjoyed the in person classes. But she did great learning her routine and she was still excited for the possible recital.
Thankfully they were able to have a modified recital at a local outdoor camp that has a covered stage.  The only negative was we only got 4 tickets.  I'm also thankful this was her first recital so she really didn't know how grand it should have been.

She didn't care, she thought it was the greatest thing ever.

I know we're biased, but we thought she was the most precious ballerina.

When her class was finished on stage Barrett looked at me and said, "that was so sweet I almost cried!"  And it was pretty sweet.  





I was trying to tell her she could wear a little makeup since she was going to be on stage and it was a special day but she convinced she would be in trouble with her teacher if she did.  I finally convinced her it would be okay to wear a little lipstick.  She said "my teacher is not going to like this". I laughed and laughed.  
All in all I was sad all of our family couldn't be there to see her.  We were able to video and they gave us a video.  It definitely wasn't the same but thankfully she didn't care one bit.  We're looking forward to next year and hopefully getting the full recital experience.

No comments: