Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Life Lately (May)

I'm trying to get caught up on documenting our time at home during the pandemic.  So this is just a random dump of things we did and pictures I had on my phone.
One night we made funnel cakes for dinner.  I mean why not.

My sister mailed all of us a letter during the stay at home order and Barrett's had a list of things to do at home and he took the list very seriously for a few days.  One of the things was to play/sleep in a closet so they played in my closet for about 3 days.

The first week stores opened up, my mom called me from Hobby Lobby because she was choosing yarn for the new baby's blanket and wanted to know my opinion on colors.  We were in the area getting dinner with no intentions to get out of the car, she was like just come by and help me really quick. So the kids and I ran in to help.  This is what AveryAnn was wearing.  We've forgotten what its like to go in public.

I think this was one of his last class meetings for the year.  

She found my American Girl dolls at my parents house. I let her play with them.  I bought them matching dresses but the doll's isn't fancy enough so she still prefers to dress her in her party dress.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this child and her fashion choices.

Our school was so great during the shut down.  Our PE teachers organized neighborhood bike rides each week for the kids to participate.  We decided to crash the last one in a friends neighborhood but the turn out was intimidating so we opted to go home and ride on our own.  Barrett has thrived on his bike this spring.  I'm not usually a super cautious parent but watching him ride his bike is one of the most nerve wracking things I've done as a parent.  

We splurged on an inflatable water slide for the kids.  At the time we really had no idea if the water park would open or if we'd be allowed to go anywhere this summer.  

Before it got so hot we tried to hit some local trails once a week.  The kids are at really great ages this summer.  (I may or may not had a little panic one day realizing that we've finally reached that sweet spot in parenting and next summer we'll be back to square one with a little baby but I know it will be so sweet and worth it)

We got brave one day and went to the back side of the trail we don't usually do and I kind of got us lost.

I mean not really lost because we were still on the trail but I wasn't sure we'd ever get out.  We did.

I found this picture that the kids took on their ipad.  I love it so much.  I think they have really enjoyed being home together.  They've actually gotten along really well and played nicely together for the most part.  It's been really sweet watching them.
We got to go to my brother's house on the lake a couple times in May.  Once for his 30th birthday and once for my mom's birthday.  The girls are so much fun together.  AveryAnn thought this float was tied to the pier but it wasn't and she started floating away so Madelyn swam out to drag her back.

John finally got the "old boat" running.  It was my uncles when I was a kid and I hated it so much.  It's a really cool boat but it was so loud and I never liked it.

Now my kids hate it.  It's really special.

The last day of school.

I feel like they both grew so much. AveryAnn has changed so much just this year since January.  I feel like she still looked like a baby while we were in Disney world but she's looking more and more like a little girl. 

And this one.  His quarantine haircut made him grow up entirely too fast.  He's still so sweet and loves to snuggle.  He had a great first grade year.  I'm sad we didn't get to do all the fun end of the year things but we ended it as best we could.

Patrick's nephew Tripp graduated high school at the end of May.  They had a small outdoor party to celebrate him.  My kids love him so much and we're so proud of him!

This kid has been sleeping until around 9:30 most mornings.  We're going to be in a world of hurt if we actually get to go back to school this year.


No comments: