Saturday, August 22, 2020

August

 For March and April to have seemed to last 6 months, July and August have flown by.  I swear we were just celebrating the 4th like last week.

We kicked off August at the lake.  This girl fell asleep on the couch just like this.  I guess she was exhausted.  While we were at the lake August 1st demo started at home on our master bath!  We'd been talking about doing this for years.  It's been in the plans for a while and we've been saving for it.  It was finally time.  We wanted to have both bathrooms redone (top to bottom) before the bay comes in October.  We're going to be pushing it but it's going to be worth it.  (I'm going to whole separate post on the renovation once it's complete.  All we're lacking is the countertop and the glass for the shower door).
Also on this day we saw thousands of fireflies on the way home from the lake in a spot in the woods and it was magical!

We finally got to their well checks for the year!  AveryAnn got 4 shots and I wasn't sure she was going to recover.  I had to carry her out of the doctors office and I'm in no condition to carry anything.  It was fun.  Both are perfectly healthy and growing like weeds.

We took Granddaddy to Alabama Splash Adventure with us one day.    He's had a lot on his plate this summer taking on the care of my grandmother and aunt after a major car accident in May.  Thankfully they are doing well but feeding and managing their medication and appointment schedules is enough to make anyone crazy.

This might be my most favorite picture of the whole day.  I think he enjoyed his trip but it sure doesn't look like it according to this picture! 

I don't think either of them enjoyed their turn on the teacups.

He wants Ally to love him so desperately, she does not.  She only loves her Mama.  

I'd been eyeing this desk for months now.  I wanted a space to put all the office-y things and a place to sit and use the computer.  I put it off and put it off.  When they announced we'd be remote learning the first nine weeks I went ahead and made the purchase.  Barrett needed a place to keep his things and work.  So for not this will be our remote classroom.  I want some prettier baskets to hide all the things but for now this will work.  It's probably too pretty for a kids desk but it's in our living room so I wanted it to be somewhat attractive.  Since he and AveryAnn are moving to a shared room pretty soon I knew there wouldn't be room in his room for a desk and this way I can keep an eye on him while I"m moving around the house.

This meme made me laugh out loud.  I've been in somewhat of a tizzy since we found out we'd be starting the school year remote.  Then we got the tentative schedule and it did not make me feel better like I was hoping.  I'm trying really hard to have a positive attitude but I'd be lying if didn't say I'd been feeling rather blah about it all this week.  

Already putting the desk to use.  

I road tripped to Tennessee for a wedding last weekend and we played travel bingo.  I won.  My mom would announce every time she saw something but it took us hours to find a bus and an airplane.  You'd think those would be two pretty easy ones to find and you would be wrong on that particular trip.

It was at a beautiful little farm.  We had a fun night!

Barrett finally pulled his other top tooth that had been hanging on by a thread for weeks.  He pulled it all by himself.  He was so proud!

His first day of school shirt is ready.  I couldn't resist even though we won't be using Zoom.  It was to funny to pass up.

I found a brand on Zulilly that I love called Millie Loves Lily.  The dresses are so soft and wash and wear so well.  I bought her several dresses for back to school and the fall/winter.  She insisted on this cat one and has worn it every day since it arrived.  
We are ready for Fall around here.  Specifically October.  We're ready for cooler weather and to meet this baby!


No comments: