Friday, August 14, 2020

Life Lately (July)

We kicked off July with dentist appointments for the kiddos. They were supposed to go over spring break but they had to be rescheduled.  Here they are ready to go in in their masks.  I still can't believe masks are a part of our real life.

My little fashionista.

We watched a movie in the park one night.  It was so nice to be out and felt somewhat normal.

This girl will still crawl in my lap and snuggle and I'm not sad about it.

At bunko the host had a balloon stuck on her newly hung ceiling fan.  I casually said "we should build a pyramid and get it down" that quickly got executed and this was the result. It was so funny.
This sweet girl has been here for all the bumps and she loves resting her head on them and looking at me like we've lost our minds.  She might not be wrong.

We celebrated my birthday with the Horton's.

One day we met Anna and her kids at her parents lake house for a lake day.

We went out on the pontoon boat and my kids were pumped.  They don't love loud or fast boats but the pontoon was perfect for them.




Barrett went off the rope swing and I was so proud of him.  He's struggled lately with being fearful.  Here's the thing, I want him to have a healthy amount of fear, but I also want him to be brave enough to try things that might seem scary but are also a lot of fun.  So I was so proud he was brave enough to try it.  He loved it so much.
Sweet sleepy princess

This is what he put on when I told him to go put on clothes.

Poor kid, this is one of two bump pictures I've taken in 30 weeks.
 
We wrapped up the week at one of my favorite places in the world.  My nephew wanted to go up to the lake to watch a meteor shower so my mom, Porter, Harper, Barrett, AveryAnn and I went up there for a few nights.  It was so much fun.  John and Hope and the kids came up for the day Friday.  Elizabeth came up Friday night to spend the night.  We had the best time.  
We made s'mores and this girl was a fan!  

These girls are so sweet together!



Barrett and Brooks are sweet buddies too!
I think that wraps up July!  We stayed busy and had a blast! July went by in a flash and August is trying to beat it.  We're all excited for school even if it's remote and getting back into some sort of routine. Then welcoming a sweet new baby!  It'll be here before we know it!

No comments: