Sunday, September 5, 2010

No Way José

What a wonderful day for football.  We could not have asked for better weather.  I was exhausted as I got ready for the day ahead.  Ally was sick all night long.  She apparently ate somthing at my parents house Friday afternoon that upset her stomach and she was up every two hours.  I felt like I had a newborn.  I got about four hours of sleep and I was so worried that she was still going to be sick Saturday but she was fine.  We were both so tired but I wasn't going to miss this tailgate for anything.
  It was a cool 70° as we arrived at my parents house to get the car loaded.  Kenny Chesney's Boys of Fall started playing as I turned on my parents street, it was perfect.  We were on the road around 9:30.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the packed car.  We didn't take that much stuff to the beach for a week with 6 people.  Dad could barely see out the back window.  I couldn't help but smile as we headed down.  It was so fun to see all the fans with their flags flying headed to the same place we were.  My grin grew bigger and bigger the closer we got.  I was practically giddy by the time we reached the driveway of my sister and brother's house.  We got everything unloaded and started putting everything out.  Our fellow tailgaters soon started pouring in with their new gameday gear and covered dishes.  I'm surprised my face doesn't hurt from all the smiling I did. 
Dad, Bullet and Matthew and the official season ticket ceremony.

Cousins & Roommates on the front porch after they hung the sign.

Siblings and all the signage at the house.

Please notice the circled sign in the top left of this photo.  It says "Bullet is Here" on one side and the other side says "Bullet is NOT Here"  This was a very effective way for Bullet to let all his fans know if he was at the tailgate or currently away from the tailgate.   

Ally Bama in here gameday gear.  She got her haircut on Friday so she was still wearing her cute little bows. 
The Champions pregame video.  The 2009 tribute.  I'm not going to lie I got a little tearly eyed reliving that game. 
Ingram and Dareus coming on the field.

Me and my Daddy. 
Alabama 48- San José State 3
We had a blast for the first game. We had about 40 people in and out all day at the house.  My dad woldn't have it any other way.  I'm so glad I have the day off tomorrow to relax and catch up on some housework.  I'm already looking forward to next weeks "Old Fashioned" tailgate for the Penn State game.  We're having hamburgers and hotdogs. 

No comments: