Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In



Allow me to introduce myself.
I'm Maggie.  I love Mtn Dew and French Fries.  I have issues with food.  I'm working on it.
I have always struggled with weight.  In the summer of 2005 I was diagnosed with ADHD and part of my treatment was a change in diet.  I was cutting out sugar, caffeine and all processed food.  I also added a little bit of running.  I dropped 30lbs in about 2 months.  I'd never felt better.  I kept it off for about 3 years.  I got married in March of 2008 and I started gaining it all back.  I had gained almost 50lbs in 2 years and I was miserable.  So in January of 2010 I joined Weigh Watchers.  I lost 20 lbs between January and May.  I quit going to the WW meetings in Feburary and used my blog as my main accountability.  It worked.  In May I knew I needed to start exercising to continue to lose so I started a group fitness program BodyShock Bootcamp.  It was the most intense workout I'd ever done.  With the help of Bootcamp I reached my goal weight of 135lbs in June of 2010.  I kept it off and did great until the holidays.  I gained 8lbs from Thanksgiving to the new year.  I've been working so hard to get back to my goal of 135lbs.  I would really like to be somewhere between 125-130lbs for summer.  I'm excited about this challenge since I had so much luck using my blog before.
You can read all my Wednesday Weigh-In posts HERE.
Weight Loss Challenge


This week's Weign-In
I am maintaining my 135lb goal but now I'm shooting for 125-130.  I'm not really worried as much about what the scale says at this point but I still have some belly fat that is driving me crazy.
I've actually been doing really well this week.   I did miss bootcamp last night due to traffic but I think my body enjoyed the break!  I'll be back with it Thursday feeling quite refreshed.  I'm thinking I need to add at least one more day of exercise.  Ideally I'd like to go to a class one night and then run on my own one night plus the two nights of bootcamp.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you in Alabama? We have so many Alabama girls linked up- we may have to do a meet up or something! The holidays are so hard to stick with WW or any sort of diet. I have ADD AND I also have personal space issues- so the crowd thing I totally get. I have panic attacks if I start to feel like I am "stuck" in crowd. Know what I mean?

Anyway, Thanks for linking up! I can't wait to follow along your journey and RTR!

Casey said...

I'm shooting for a goal weight of 120's too! I'm at 134.2 this morning! So only 14 or so pounds to lose over these next 8 weeks...seems do-able! I'm following you now!

Unknown said...

You've had quite a weight loss journey already!! Thanks for linking up. Can't wait to watch your progress! :)