Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Flim Flam Bim Bam, Ole Miss Bye Damn

We made our annual road game a day trip this year, to Oxford, Mississippi to take on the Ole Miss Rebel Black Bears.  (Although Liz, Clay and Amy have made all the road games this one the official road trip since I tagged along).  I think every SEC fan has a desire to visit all the SEC stadiums at least once in their lifetime whether they say it or not.  Slowly but surely I'm making my rounds.   
It was a beautiful day for football.  We arrived in Oxford just in time for lunch so we slipped into The Blind Pig for a sandwich and mimosa.  After lunch we strolled around the square shopping and taking in the sights.  This area was so cute and quaint, I could have stayed all day there. 

After shopping we headed to the Grove.  Let me tell you, if you've never been to the Grove you have to go at least once in your life.  There's a reason their slogan is "We ain't never lost a party!"  It was tent on top of tent, people on top of people for as far as you can see.  By far some of the best people watching I've witnessed.  The girls were beautiful and were dressed to kill.  I've never seen such big hair and high heels at a football game.  Most SEC girls dress up for the games but these girls were over the top.

Obligatory picture in front of the stadium!

We got tickets outside the stadium and headed in.  Amy and I were shocked when the bag checker going in the gate told us we had to break the stick off our shakers.  We're such rebels we just hid them in our shirts.  We quickly found our seats in the middle of the Ole Miss fans right in front of the cheerleaders.  Everyone was so nice.  I sat next to an older man, he was a high school football coach.  I'm not going to lie, when the Rebels scored that first touchdown, I was afraid I couldn't handle being in the middle of all the fans.  But the sweet man next to me leaned down and said "Don't worry, we ain't that good!" Turns out, he was right!  We came out in the second half and completely dominated.  The crowd thinned out but our friends we made stayed around till the end.  We did the Hotty Totty with them, they cringed while we did Rammer Jammer.  It was really a lot of fun!


Elizabeth doing her impression of the Ole Miss Rebels basketball team's commercials they played.  They were zombies and we didn't enjoy them!
Our Group! 
After the game we met some of our tailgate group for dinner then headed back to Birmingham. 
It was a great trip!  I really hope we can keep these road games going.

No comments: