Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

I am really blessed beyond words.  I have the most amazing, resilient family that I couldn't imagine not having in my life.  Do they make me crazy sometimes, yes, but I know without a shadow of a doubt they'll be there for me in a heartbeat. 

Patrick is my better half.  He keeps me grounded.  He tells me when I'm being ridiculous and need to chill out.  He lets me cry when I get my feelings hurt and he can always say something to put life in perspective for me.  My mom and dad, I'm lucky enough to be able to say they are truly two of my best friends.  Patrick's parents are two angels in my life.  They are two of the most kind hearted people I've ever be around.  They are able to make impossible situations seem possible.  They always know the right thing to say to make you feel better.  My friends, where do I start, they have listened to more venting over the last 8 years then they probably care to think about.  Just being around them lifts my spirits.  I love that we can laugh at things and ourselves all the time.  Sometimes I wish we could still all live together, husbands, babies and all.  The two years I lived with them were some of the most laughter filled moments of my life.  I'm thankful that when we get together we can laugh till my face hurts (usually about whatever we started venting about).  I have learned a lot this year, a lot of tough lessons that I didn't really want to learn.  But I'm am thankful for them. 

Life is good.  Petty things do not matter.  I can not control how other people feel and act I can only control my reaction to them.  People can only hurt me if I let them.  I'm trying to learn that.

Enough mushy stuff on to Turkey Day...
We had a wonderful day.  We started with lunch at my grandmother's house with my aunt and my uncle (his wife went to Indiana to visit her family, we missed her).  My grandmother decided against a traditional Thanksgiving meal and opted for vegetable soup and Mexican cornbread instead.  It was delicious (although I was a little disappointed because I'd been craving turkey and dressing all week). 

Harper checking out the black Friday deals. 
The boys (and Ally) out shooting. 
Harper loves Ally.

For dinner we went to Patrick's mom and dad's and like usual they cooked enough food for 50 people, there are 13 of us, five of those are under the age of 10.  She had ham and turkey, dressing, scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese, broccoli casserole, squash, green beans, corn , peas, baby potatoes, roasted vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes onion all together), sweet potato casserole, salad and rolls.  It was all so good.  Then for dessert she made a chocolate cheesecake, pecan pie, another pie (pumpkin I think), banana pudding and strawberry/cream cheese danish thing. It was all so delicious!  Needless to say we had to roll ourselves out of there.

I left there headed to my parents house to make a black Friday shopping plan.  Honestly there really weren't that many deals that we thought we just couldn't miss.  There were a few things that we were after.  Our first stop was going to be Wal-Mart until we drove by and there wasn't a parking place for blocks.  All we wanted was one wii game and we decided we didn't need it.  So we headed to Target to wait for them to open.  The line was ridiculous so we decided we'd just sit in the car until it opened.  Then they were only letting 30 people in every 3 or 4 minutes.  So we decided we'd have to go stand in line if we were ever going to get in.  We made it in around12:30 got the few things we were after and got in line.  This is where I started to turn into a pumpkin.  I get really grouchy when I'm up past my bedtime and it was way past my bedtime.  We stood in line about 20 minutes and made it out without hurting anyone. 
I really didn't do as well as I have in the past.  I only got 6 gifts but that's a start so it was worth it. 

Wow that was a long one, if you're still reading thanks for sticking it out!

Tomorrow is kind of a big day in Alabama, there's this little game called the Iron Bowl and we really need to win it!

Roll Tide!

No comments: