Thursday, January 12, 2012

Heart to Heart

I always have a hard time getting back into the groove of things after the holidays. This year I think it was worse simply due to the fact that I had two 4 day weekends in a row.  It was wonderful and I'm very thankful for the time off but it's about time to get back to my routine.

 I've been thinking about things I want to accomplish in 2012 and it's pretty much overwhelmed me. I have a hard time living my life for me. It's hard for me to be content when I see what others are doing and think I should be in the same place.  I feel like I'm simply passing through.  I get asked all the time when I'm going to have a baby.  I understand it's a natural question but when I tell people I don't know probably not anytime soon, I feel like I have to give them an explanation.  I shouldn't have to explain anything but the people pleaser in me feels like they deserve a reason.  Honestly, dressing a baby in cute smocked outfits isn't enough of a reason to bring a child into this world and right now it's the only one I've got.

January is always a dreary month for me.  I feel sad that the joy of the holiday season is all but over, college football is offically over and it's usually cold and rainy.  I've jsut now started taking down my Christmas decorations.  I just didn't want to give it up.  I love how cozy my house is at Christmas and I wasn't ready to pack it away just yet.  I rally enjoyed the holidays this year.  I didn't get as stressed as I usually do.  I think after 4 years of being married I'm finally getting the hang of gift buying and just the stress of two Christmases.

Anyways, enough of that crap...what have we been up to lately?



We celebrated my cousin Frank's 21st birthday at "The Old House" on Friday night.  It was a fun night.  Frank was surprised and his parents had tracked him down a ticket to the BCS National Championship game in New Orleans.  I'm not going to lie, I was pretty jealous.


Monday night some of the tailgate crew gathered at Matt's house to watch the big game.  (We also watched the 2009 Championship game at Matt's so I guess we're going to have to watch any other ones there too!)  It was a great game.  I couldn't have been more proud of my school. I was still very jealous of everyone that got to go to New Orleans and the game.


This is my Babo and Papa.  They were in Tuscaloosa staying with my cousin. After the big win they headed to the strip with all the students to celebrate.  Aren't they cute!


It's been a pretty good week.  I can't believe we won again.  It's a surreal feeling after the football I had to endure while I was a student.  I'm so excited and proud!  Roll Tide!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

My family was pretty excited about the game too. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

DaisyGirl said...

Thanks for this honest post. I think I needed this one right about this very moment. Hope you're having a great weekend so far.