Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

We've enjoyed a pretty relaxing weekend.  Friday night I finally got all the Christmas decorations down and put away.  I also had a gift card to Hobby Lobby from Christmas so I ran in there to see what I could find.  They had so much stuff.  It was hard to choose. 
Saturday was spent watching football and Miss America.  I wanted the Saints to win. They didn't.  After that let down I settled in to watch the pageant.  My dad and I have watched Miss America together for as long as I can remember.  In true southern fashion we were flipping back and forth between the Broncos game and the pageant.  I used to not be a Tebow fan.  It was really hard to like the guy after he chose Florida over Bama, but now that he's playing for the NFL I really like him.  Back to Miss America... I don't care what you say Southern girls are some of the prettiest girls around.  It was fun this year because Ava and Harper were there to watch with us.  I'm not going to lie I was a bit disappointed with the winner, she was obviously shocked too since the poor girl didn't wear waterproof mascara. 



Ally loves the fireplace at mom and dads.  I have to watch her because sometimes I'm afraid she's just going to crawl right into the fire. 

Today I went to church then had lunch at my parents.  After I left there I was on the hunt for a new vacuum cleaner.  Not a purchase I was really excited to make but we needed one desperately.  I ended up just getting a Dyson.  I didn't want to spend the money but I also didn't want to be in the same situation this time next year.  I got it home and cranked her up to see what she'd do.  Lets just say I'm glad no one was here to see what that thing sucked up.
All in all it was a pretty good weekend. We're watching the end of the Packers/Giants game and E!'s Live from the Red Carpet for the Golden Globes.  Glad to have a relaxing weekend because things are about to get busy around here!

No comments: