Monday, February 27, 2012

What's Goin On

So, I guess I've been a little MIA lately.  We've had a lot going on and it's taken some time adjusting to our new schedules.  My blogging time was always after Patrick went to work in the evenings.  I've been trying to not stay on my computer as much, I waste so much time on here so I'm trying to limit myself.   I finally feel like we are settling into our new normal and I love it.  Patrick started his fourth week at his new job today and he's had one day off.  It's been exhausting for him but we still see each other more than we did when we was working 5 night shifts a week, so we're trying not to complain.  We've gotten to actually do some things together and that has been so nice. 

I've been reading some too.  I read the Hunger Games a couple weeks ago.  I didn't think I was going to like it much.  It seemed so morbid but once I started reading I couldn't stop. I read all three in about a week.  Now I'm patiently waiting for the movie to come out.


Now for some random photos...
I actually beat my little brother at WordFeud so I had to take a screen shot cause it might never happen again!

Patrick's brother had a birthday last week.  I missed the party but Patrick brought me this cupcake and it was delicious.


This sweet girl is loving her new room.  She goes right down the stairs and climbs in every night.  Sometimes she goes down there just to get away from us, we've found her down there more than once.  Makes it a little easier on my heart that she seems to like her new space.

I'm heading to the beach this weekend with some friends from high school and I got this really cute sun hat and I can't wait to wear it. 

Sunday morning I wanted something good for breakfast.  So I made my own apple turnovers.  I just used apple pie filling and crescent rolls. Yes, I put ice cream on top.
 
I can't express to y'all enough how much happier our home is these days.  Patrick is like a completely different person.  Yes, he's still exhausted and he's still working hard but he seems to really enjoy what he's doing now.  Hopefully, now that we're more settled I'll be back to regular posting.  I'm not making any promises though ;)

No comments: