Monday, March 26, 2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor

About two months ago my boss' wife (Hey Teresa!) sent me some books she thought I might enjoy.  Maybe you've heard of them The Hunger Games Trilogy ;) I was a bit skeptical at first.  I'd heard people talking about these books for months but they seemed so morbid and not what I usually enjoy.  Well I started the first one and the rest is history.  I couldn't put them down.  I finished them and found myself constantly wondering what the characters might be up to now.  (I tend to get attached to characters.  Not just in books but TV shows also. Like, I constantly wonder if Ross and Rachel are still together and if they have more kids.  It's a sickness) 
Needless to say, I was so excited to see this movie.  Patrick's been working 2nd shift and he gets off at 10:00 so I causally mentioned the other day that if he got off at 10:00 we could go to the Midnight screening of The Hunger Games. Much to my surprise he agreed.  So I bought our tickets and we were set.  I was watching the 10:00 news and they had a live shot from the theater we were going to.  There were about 300 teenagers sitting in the rain waiting to get in.  My excitement level dropped from about a 9.5 to about a 5.37.  I'm not sure what I was expecting but that wasn't it. 
 I thought the movie was good.  I didn't like some of the camera technique but I thought the adaptation was very nicely done and if it held my attention for 2.5 hours at 2:00 in the morning it must have been pretty good.   I have been bothered by people that are basically saying that if you enjoyed the movie your are a sick person because it's so morbid and demented.  To them I say you are judging the whole picture by one piece of the puzzle.  To understand the whole story you really need to read the books.
Crawling in bed around 3:30 made for a pretty long miserable day at work Friday!

Friday afternoon, Allison dropped Bella off to spend the weekend with us.  Bella is the funniest dog.  Ally tries to pretend that she doesn't like her but I caught them playing several times. 
That night Kristen came over to help me finish a little project.  When I bought the curtains for our bedroom I bought one matching sham because I didn't need regular sized shams cause I already had two that matched the duvet but I wanted something to pull the whole look together so we took the one sham and made what I'm calling "mini shams".  I thought they turned out cute!
 
I started working on this wreath for Spring.  I made the cute chalkboard sign to hang in the middle.  I went ahead and wrote "Book Club" since I'm hosting this Friday.  (Yes, some friends and I are starting a book club, I'll keep you posted on how it goes)
 
The girls playing. 
 
 
Saturday night Kristen called and asked if I wanted to go see a movie since Patrick was working.  She wanted to see This Means War.  When we got to the window to order our tickets, they weren't showing it.  So guess what we saw instead...
Hunger Games Round 2
Kristen really wanted to wait to read the books first but there wasn't anything else playing that we really wanted to see.

We were leaving and I saw this fun display.  I can't resist a photo booth. Honestly, I've never seen American Pie.  I was a freshmen in high school when it came out and I just really had no desire to see it.
 
Today was spent relaxing and catching up on chores.  I did watch the Blind Side.  I love that movie.  It might be one of my top 5 favorite movies ever. 
All in all it was a nice weekend got some things done and enjoyed some down time. 

No comments: