Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pretty Perfect Weekend

This weekend was so nice.  Patrick got to be off work both Saturday and Sunday and we took advantage of the beautiful weather as much as we could.
I started the weekend as soon as I got off work on Friday.  My little brother and I headed to Sno Biz for a treat.  We used to go after school when I was in high school.  It was fun to catch up with John.
After that sweet treat, I headed home to get ready for my other brother's birthday party.  You may remember the Big Wheel Race we had for his birthday last year... This year they raced but I decided to sit out since I still have scars from last year.
The birthday boy. 
Saturday, I let Patrick sleep till 10:00 and then made him get up cause it was way to pretty to sleep the day away.  We didn't want to do anything too taxing so we grabbed some burgers and headed to the park for a little picnic.
Ally loved being at the park.
She sniffed every square inch and was exhausted when we got home.
The green ketchup for St. Patty's day. 
It looked gross but tasted the same as the red.


  Saturday night, my friend Lauren (from the bachelorette weekend) was getting married.  It was a beautiful wedding.  It was outdoors at the Gabrella Manor.  It is such a beautiful venue.  We had a ball at the wedding and reception.  When we left there we headed to the after party at a local rooftop bar.  It was a beautiful night to be outdoors. 
 I took this from the window in the bathroom.
This is a terrible picture of me, but it's the only one I got of the two of us.
Patrick and the groom.  They'd never met before but I think their love for Auburn football may make them soul mates.  It was such a fun night.  It's been so long since Patrick and I've been able to go out to a bar together and just enjoy ourselves.   

Today I got up and headed to church.  When I got home we loaded up the four-wheeler and met up with Patrick's brother and some of his friends and rode all afternoon.  It was a beautiful day to be outside. 
A waterfall we came across.  
Before we got to muddy.
It was such a nice day.  I know Patrick needed the down time and it was so nice to actually get to do things together we both enjoy.
 
I'm so thankful for Patrick's new job.
I'm so thankful for my family and friends.
I'm so thankful for this weather.
I'm thankful for a new fresh season.
Honestly, I'm just thankful.  We are so blessed, well beyond anything we deserve and today, I'm just thankful for it.
 

No comments: