Friday, August 24, 2012

Boy or Girl?

Yesterday we had our 19 week ultrasound.  I loved getting to see "baby H"!  I was a little nervous going in but it quickly went away.  The tech did all the measurments for the doctor first then she turned the screen so we could see.  I was so excited to see the sweet babe just hanging out. 
We were also excited to find out our baby is a sweet baby
BOY!!!
he gave us a "thumbs up" then started sucking his thumb it was so cute and so neat to get see.  I felt like it was a boy the whole time but in the last few weeks Patrick and I both had dreams it was a girl.  So I wasn't convinced either way going in this morning!  My parents were shocked..they both just knew it was a girl. 
Patrick and I both took a vacation day and started our registry and got a sweet little gown for the little man.  My boss is crazy...I wanted to tell my parents before we told anyone else...we'll he just couldn't stand it so he started searching for a registry.  He found the one thing we registered for that was gender specific.
Care to guess what it was...
it was coathangers, blue coathangers!
He was pretty proud of himself!  My sister admitted that she'd looked for a registry but didn't find one.  I don't think she really wanted to find out that way.
We had lunch with my dad and then took lunch to my mom's work.  Last night we celebrated Patrick's brithday with his family.  They were all so excited to find out.  All the kids wanted it to be a boy.  Now it will be even 3 boys, 3 girls. 
All in all it was a great day.  One that I'm sure I'll remember forever. 

Baby BOY H's first gown!  I can't wait to snuggle him in it!

No comments: