Wednesday, August 28, 2013

13 going on 30

In 1999 I was 14 and in love with the Backstreet Boys.  Our church went on a canoe trip every Tuesday during the summer.  It was about an hour drive from where we met to where we put our canoes in and all the girls would ride in one van with our disc man listening to the Backstreet Boys singing at the top of our lungs.  It was one of the best summers I can remember.  That fall BSB came to Birmingham and I was pretty sure my life would be over if I didn't get to go.  We found 3 tickets and my parents paid an arm and a leg for me and my sister to be there.  My best friend Kellie went with us.  We had the absolute worst seats in the place but we didn't care.  It was first concert ever.  
Last night Kellie and I and three other friends relived our teenage dreams and went to see BSB again, live in concert.  I'm pretty sure we were just as excited or maybe even more excited than the first time we saw them.  Things were definitely different this time.  For starters we had to find babysitters.  Last night my mom kept my baby until Patrick got off work.  Secondly, we drove ourselves.  In 1999 our moms drove us and dropped us off.  I thought we were so cool. Last night we were trying to find someone to drive us and drop us off so we didn't have to walk. Ha!  
Kellie and me.  I wish I could find a picture of us from the last time we went. 
I was so excited that Kristen went with us! 
Kristen and Bekah
We were in youth group at church together.  There were 6 of us total that were total boy band fanatics but this was all we could round up for the night.

We weren't to close but we were definitely closer than last time.  
The whole group.

We had such a great time.  We laughed because they sang a few more songs sitting down than in the past.  They did several songs off of their new album that were good.  Of course my favorite were the oldies.  I love how a song can take you right back to your youth.  We were all so giddy.  I really felt like I was fourteen again.  
This morning I'm feeling every bit of 28.  It was a late night.  I didn't get in the bed until after 2:00 and then it took me awhile to wind down.  Today, I'm exhausted and my legs hurt from dancing the night away.
It was totally worth it.

No comments: