Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we went to my Grandmother's house for lunch.  It was delicious.
We enjoyed hanging out with everyone before it was time to open presents.  My Aunt made Porter the best blanket.  It was made from pieces of my Granddaddy's clothes.  My brother was so close to my granddaddy and Porter never got to meet him.  Granddaddy would have been thrilled to death with all of our kids but I think he and Porter would have been best buds.  Terri wrote a really sweet letter about Granddaddy for Porter to have too.  I tried to read it but couldn't get past the first paragraph.  It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift.  I know it will be cherished.

I didn't get very many pictures.  I was busy keeping Barrett from touching everything.

After we left Grandmother's we headed home to get ready for church.  We planned to go look at Christmas lights after Mass but instead went to my parents house.  The Kreiders came over for a night cap.  I love this little tradition.  It had been a few years since they'd come by so we enjoyed that time with them. 
My brother's kids in front of the tree. I had the wrong lens on the camera so it looks weird. 
Love my little family.

Barrett enjoying a night cap as well.  (It was empty)

Someone said they were going to take it away.

We left there and headed home to get ready for Santa.  I love that Santa comes to our house now.  I can't decide if he'll leave Barrett a birthday gift wrapped in birthday paper every year or not. 

We decided to exchange our gifts Christmas Eve night this year.  I loved doing it that way.  I think that will be our tradition from now on.  Patrick did so good this year.  I got a kindle and a clairasonic.  I love them both,  I also got some new running shoes that I plan to put to good use. 
I got him a new fleece jacket and some router bit? that he's been wanting.  He's so hard to buy for but I think he was happy.  Christmas Eve is my favorite day.  I love the anticipation and that you're not let down when it's over.  When you go to bed Christmas Eve you still have Christmas Day to look forward to.

No comments: