Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014- End of the Year Review

2014 was a fun, fast year.  I feel like I blinked and it was over.  We had a really fun year.  I got a new sister, got to take a fabulous girls trip and made lots of memories with my little family.  
January
To kick off 2014 we rung in the New Year at home in our pjs.  Barrett had his first ear infection.  He was pitiful.   We started having more regular play dates with Jackson and Cruz.  Looking at this post makes me want to cry.  They were so little, I can't believe that was just earlier this year.  We've added a couple more boys to our group and I love it.  Later in the month we helped host a fun His & Hers Shower for John and Hope.  It was a lot of fun.  We ended the month with a crazy snow day.  It was a crazy weather day in Alabama, we were happy to all be together.
February
I feel like February was a blur of wedding preparations.  There were several Weekend Reviews to stay up to date.  It snowed again!!! This time it was the good wet, fluffy kind.  It all fell quickly and melted quickly the next day.  Barrett got his first real pair of shoes.  The last day of the month was spent celebrating John and Hope on the day before their wedding.
March
This month was filled with highs and lows.  We kicked off the month with my baby brother's wedding.  We celebrated our 6th anniversary with a little weekend getaway to Nashville.  We had the best time.  We got some unsettling news at Barrett's 15 month check up.  We were referred to Early Intervention due to his lack of communication.  Now I feel silly for even being worried but at the time we were really scared. 
April
We started the month with our evaluation at Early Intervention.  We were upset by the results but now we feel nothing but blessed by the whole situation.  My sister and I got to spend a lot of time together when they were home for Easter and it was so much fun.  We celebrated Easter with the family.  Patrick checked one thing off his bucket list when he bought a coke machine.  We ended the night with an impromtu slumber party when severe weather tore through our area.  A small tornado touched down not far from us and it was pretty scary.
May
 
We kicked off the month with a date night to see Lady Antebellum.  It was a lot of fun.  We started Early Intervention this month and we were immediately encouraged.  We celebrated Mother's Day and Barrett got his first hair cut.  We enjoyed the weekend at the lake for Memorial day.  It was a lot of fun.  An early intervention update.  I love looking back at these posts to see just how far he has come.  He has learned so much this year.
June
 
Kristen, Brittany, Carla and a few other friends ran the Color Run with me.  It was a lot of fun.  Barrett his speech evaluation at the start of the month.  We love Ms. Amy and Barrett has thrived since receiving her services.  We had a lot of fun family time this month.   Patrick enjoyed Father's day.  We went to the LIVE with the Characters show to benefit Just Keep Smiling.  It was so much fun.  I loved it and can't wait for the next one.  To end the month Barrett turned 18 months old.  June was a fun month.  
July
 
We had a fun play date with Jackson and Cruz, a fun Mother/Son chick-fil-a date and a trip to the splash pad that I shared in this weekend review post.  We had a fun Fourth of July weekend filled with friends, family, fun and fireworks.  Barrett started experiencing separation anxiety and it was hard on me.  I love writing about things I'm going through with Barrett because I'm never alone.  Someone always has advice and words of comfort.  We had a fun day out on the lake at John & Hope's house.  To round out the month I turned 29.  I can't believe I'm this old. 
August
 
This is the first month I started the Monthly Goals.  I'm glad I started this.  It's really helped me stay focused and get some things accomplished.  I wrote this post on friendship.  I feel like i've made and grown a lot of new and rekindled friendships this year and it's been really special.  We had a weekend full of birthday parties and Barrett got sick in this weekend review.  The big excitement this month was Barrett started Mother's Day Out.  It was rough for a few weeks but now he goes and loves it.  I'm thankful for his sweet teachers.  This has been so good for both of us.
September
 
This was a fun month.  My first post was a catch-up post from the things I'd missed.  We had a fun play date at Froggy's.  I finally made it to Tuscaloosa for the Florida game.  We started a new tailgate tradition at my cousin's house and it was a lot of fun.  We ended the month with an over night date in Atlanta to see Garth Brooks. We had the best time!
October
 
I had been looking forward to October for months.  We had several fun things planned and I couldn't wait.  We headed back to our alma mater to take in a high school football game.  I loved it so much.  Patrick tolerated it.  The most exciting event of October was my fun girls getaway.  We had the best time in Mexico celebrating the "year of 30".  We went snorkeling and kite swinging.  Before we knew it, it was time to head home to our babies.  I went to Barrett's first school party and we squeezed in a fun trip to the pumpkin patch.  We continued our Halloween tradition and it was so much fun.
November
 
I started the month recapping my October goals and writing some goals for November. I didn't blog much this month probably because I feel like we were always busy.  We watched a lot of football, both at home, with friends and in person.  I went to Tuscaloosa three times this month.  It was fun and exhausting.  I took Barrett to Homecoming.  It's a tradition I hope I can continue.  We won the Iron Bowl, celebrated Thanksgiving and played a family game of kick ball.
December
 
This month has been a whirlwind.  I feel like we were on the go non-stop.  We kicked off the month at the Gardendale Christmas Parade, we went to Christmas at the Falls and we took Barrett to see Santa.   We changed things up and had a little playdate for Barrett's birthday.  I shared our Christmas card with you, (which is one of my favorite parts of Christmas).  I posted an update for Barrett's 2nd birthday.  Finally we celebrated Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!
So long 2014, it's been fun!  Bring it 2015 can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments: