Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pancakes & Pajamas Playdate

For Barrett's birthday this year I opted for a small playdate with a few friends over a big party like last year.  I loved the big party last year but wanted to do something different this year.  Most of my friends are stay at home moms or work flexible schedules so I thought this would work out best.  It worked out that everyone was able to come.  I was so excited.  
The theme was "Pancakes and Pajamas" and it was perfect.  The kiddos and some moms wore their pjs and we enjoyed brunch.  (Brunch is probably my favorite meal.)
I kept things super simple.  We put the leaf in our round table to make it bigger.  I used a drop cloth as the table cloth and wrapping paper as the runner.  I let all the kids make a cute ornament to take home and I used those to decorate the little tree for a centerpiece.

One reason I loved the smaller party, I got to do a couple of personalized things for the kiddos and the mommies.  I'm loving the monogrammed coffee mugs.  Each mom got one to take home.  I also did the take and toss sippy cups for each child at the party and they took them home.
My menu for brunch was: pancakes, pigs in a blanket, fruit, breakfast casserole, hashbrown casserole and muffins. 

The birthday boy in his pjs.

This is the ornament they made.  I put the name and year on with vinyl and they painted the deer with their thumb print.  I added the antlers and nose before they left.

Poor Elise was the only girl.

I love this boy!

Cruz and Caleb enjoying brunch.

Caleb and Keegan.

Caleb and Cooper.

We got a group picture.  They all cooperated fairly easily.

They loved our little half step hearth.

I love this picture of Elise trying to give Barrett a hug.  He looks a little unsure.

These four are fun.  They are about three months apart and we've had so much fun with them.  They play pretty good together (lately you can tell they are all two.)

Time for cupcakes.

I don't know what this one is about but I love him cutting his eyes at me.

Sweet Drake.  He's a little younger than the other four but you'd never know it by looking at him with them.  He and Barrett go to school together.

And everyone's favorite part of the party...playing with all the new toys!
It wasn't long until everyone started melting down and heading home for naps.
This party was complete and utter chaos...but they boys had so much fun!  The boys were so much fun together.  At one point they were running up and down the hall squealing. It was so funny.
I loved having a big party last year, but this was perfect for us this year.  I just loved the small intimateness of it all.  We're going to have cupcakes with our families on Christmas to celebrate with them.
I can't believe my baby is going to be two in 4 days.
I have to thank Crystal for taking the pictures for me while also bringing and being responsible for an extra kid.  I'm also so thankful that the moms that work made arrangements to get to come or for their kid to come.  It really meant a lot to me.
I think we might make this our birthday tradition, at least for a few years.  I know Barrett won't want to have a Christmas themed birthday party forever so I'm trying to take advantage while I can. 

No comments: