Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekend Fun! We went to the Zoo!

We had a beautiful, fun weekend!  The weather made me so ready for Spring.  Friday, Barrett and I worked half a day and then played hookie because it was way to pretty to be inside.  It was a little cool but that didn't stop us.  We met some friends at the zoo and it was perfect.
Steven made Barrett an envelope so he could keep up with his spending money.  We ate a quick lunch when we got there then we headed out to see everything!
These boys were not impressed with these fish.
Being silly in front of the mirror in the primate house.
Group shot in the primate house.  The boys once again were not impressed.
This tiger just kept pacing in front of the window.  I'm pretty sure he wanted to eat the children.  The boys just giggled every time he came by.
The giraffes.  
This ostrich kept looking at us like he was going to come out and peck us to death but the boys loved him.
We were practically the only people there.  It was so nice.  We were able to take our time and just enjoy each animal.  Half of our group left and we went to ride the train.
These two were very excited to ride!
My big boy would not sit in my lap on the train.  He sat beside me and held my hand.  Why do they have to grow up so fast? 

Barrett and I hurried home to get ready.  Barrett got to spend the night with my parents so Patrick and I could have a Date night.  First we went to look at furniture.  We're getting new bedroom furniture and I can't wait!  After that we went to see American Sniper.  It was so good.  I'm still in awe of Chris Kyle.  I want to read the book now.  Its one of those movies that I think everyone ought to see.  After the movie we went to Cheesecake Factory for appetizers and dessert.  It did not disappoint. 
We slept late Saturday.  I wanted to get a couple things done around the house before I picked Barrett up.  I finally got my closet cleaned out.  I had to run to Target to pick up some valentines for Barrett's class.  Patrick worked in the yard.  I went to get Barrett and visited with my parents for a while.  I put Barrett down for a nap and we hung out outside for a while.  It was so pretty out.
I was so excited to pick up some of these beauties at Target.  They just remind me of being a kid.
Saturday night we were on a mission to get a new battery for out laptop.  We had dinner at Chili's.  I was so disappointed the first time I ate there and they had these things on the table where you could play games.  But I have to admit I enjoyed watching these two play together while we were waiting on our food.  Every time Barrett would score he would throw his hands up and cheer. I laughed so hard.
Today we went to Mass and then came home and ate lunch.  After lunch I had to return something to Macy's so we did that and we were still on a mission to find a battery.  We finally got one. Yay!  It was a busier weekend that we'd planned but it was fun.

No comments: