Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weekend Review

We had a very low key laid back weekend.
We've discovered the art of binge watching.  We started Parenthood on netflix Thursday afternoon and finished the first season this weekend.  I love the Braverman family.
Friday I went to dinner with Lorie and Kristen.  It had been almost two months since we'd been together.  I told Lorie I felt like a bad friend because Olivia is almost 2 months old and I've seen her exactly twice.  After dinner I headed to Target for a few minutes of "me time".  Truthfully I wanted to get some things to make cookies with Barrett on Saturday.  When I got home our new family photo canvas had arrived.  I was so excited.  It is my goal to have at least one family photo each year made into a canvas for this spot in our living room.  I moved the one that was here to the stairs,  Eventually I'll put together a gallery wall for that space but probably not anytime soon because I don't tend to do things in a timely manner.  Especially things involving interior decorating.
Saturday, Patrick had to work so Barrett and I delivered Valentines to a few of his friends.  It was fun.  I really want to make holidays special around here.  I struggle with where the line is between making things special and going overboard/ spoiling.  I thought taking little treats to people would be a fun way to make the day special but still putting the focus on others. Of course Barrett got a little treat from us and from both sets of grandparents.  I also took Barrett to the park for a bit while the sun was out.  He decided he was a big boy and would climb the rock wall.  He did so good.
When Patrick got home we decided we would get Cracker Barrel for dinner.  The sky was so pretty when we were getting in the car.
This stinker has been keeping me on my toes.
Sunday we went to Mass and then came home for naps.  For dinner we headed to the Horton's house to celebrate Patrick's brother's birthday.
It's been cold and yucky here today.  We're looking forward to a little getaway in the mountains.  We borrowed some cold weather gear and Barrett was trying on some of the hats for us before dinner.  He was so cute!
That was our weekend.  We've got a busy month at work.  I'm so thankful for all the jobs.  I really love my job and I love that this month I'm doing two big projects for friends.  Well not really for friends but for jobs they're working on.  It means a lot that they trust me with the tasks.  I've also got several little projects.  Spring is usually our busy time of year so we're looking forward to it.  

No comments: