Monday, October 19, 2015

21 Weeks

 
How Far Along: 21 weeks
Size of baby: Carrot (12oz, 10.5 inches) At our anatomy scan this morning she weighed over 1 pound.  The doctor said she was measuring about 2 weeks ahead. So we're looking at another big baby.
Maternity Clothes: Pants, yes. Tops, some. The pants are just way more comfortable.  I've bought several non-maternity tunics and dresses that i'm wearing now.  Hopefully I'll get by with not having to buy too many more things.
Gender: She's still a girl!  We're excited to get started on the nursery this weekend.
Movement: She's moving like crazy these days.  She wouldn't cooperate at the anatomy scan so we didn't get any good pictures of her face.  I've felt her from the outside a few times but the boys still haven't gotten to feel it.  
Sleep: Like a baby as long as I don't have reflux and everyone else sleeps.
What I miss: Well this weekend it was having a drink on the beach but that's really it.  Also sleeping on my stomach.
Cravings:  We were at the beach and I wanted to eat everything because it all looked and sounded so good.  One day I really wanted shrimp and grits so we went to the restaurant that everyone said had the best ones.  And they were fantastic but several of the other girls got a filet and I'm still kind of wishing I would have gotten to eat that too. 
Symptoms:  Just feeling large, lots of pressure and reflux that makes me sick some days.  But the doctor said the pressure was normal and she gave me a prescription for some reflux meds and also told me to eat a bland diet which stinks because all I want is spicy food which is probably why I have the reflux to begin with.
Best Moment this week:  Going to the beach with the girls.  One of the girls took some maternity pictures of me on the beach before diner one evening right a sunset.  I can't wait to see them.  The ones she showed me on the back of the camera were so good.  Getting to see the baby again at our anatomy scan and confirming she is in fact a girl.  I'm not looking forward to the work this weekend but I'm looking forward to getting the kids rooms switched out.  Hopefully we'll make it to the pumpkin patch at some point this weekend.

No comments: