Wednesday, March 23, 2016

One Month

As every mom says, I can't believe you're already a month old.  This month has been fun, and hard but easier than I had imagined.  The first two weeks I thought I had everything figured out.  These last two weeks I have no idea what I'm doing.   I thought I would be more confident this time around since we've been through this once but I'm not.  I feel like everyday is trial and error and I'm learning everything again.  Some things are easier some are not. I do know that we have loved every minute of the last month.  We've loved watching you grow and change.  We've loved watching your brother warm up to you and grow that sibling bond.  He is so in love just like the rest of us.  
-You weigh around 11lbs.  (You were 10lbs 10oz last week at the doctor)
-You were 22 inches long last week so I feel like you're still pretty close to that.
-You're still wearing size one diapers and go through about 8 a day.  I forgot how many diapers newborns use.
-You nurse so good.  This is something that has been easier this time around.  I do wish you would go a little longer between feelings but I keep reminding myself you will in time. You eat 10-20 minutes every 2-3 hours.
-You take 4 ounces when you take a bottle.
-Sleep started pretty great.  You slept 4-4.5 hours several times the first couple of weeks.  Even had one 5 hour stretch.  Now you're waking up every 2 hours.  Mommy is exhausted.
-You rolled on your side the night we came home from the hospital. 
-You can hold your head up so good.
-You smiled at mommy at almost 4 weeks.  I'd left you for an hour and you smiled so big when I got back to you! Made my heart so happy.
-You're wearing 3 month clothes.  We skipped right over newborn everything.  You've even worn a few 3-6 month things. 
-You like bath time.  Your brother hated it so this is a nice change.
-You also love to be snuggled.
-We've been working a few hours a week for a couple of weeks now. You do so good at the office. 
-You've been to Mass once.
-You've been to Nana and Granddaddy's house several times too. 



AveryAnn,
You have made our hearts so full this month.  I couldn't imagine loving another child the way I love your brother but everyone was right, your heart just grows! Seeing you smile makes all the sleepless nights worth it.  We can't wait to make so many memories with you.  Happy One Month birthday sweet girl! 
We love you!
I wanted to add one of her with her tummy sticker!  I feel like she's already changed in just a week.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hair! I am in love.