Friday, March 25, 2016

Week One

I'm playing catch-up, so bear with me.  
Our second night in the hospital Patrick wanted to run home and shower so my friends came to hang out with me while he was gone.  I was so excited for them to all meet AveryAnn.  While I showered they had a little photo shoot with her.  This was one of the pictures.

Deep thoughts with Daddy.

Barrett didn't come to the hospital everyday.  He was having way to much fun.  By Wednesday afternoon we were missing him so Patrick ran and got him and brought him back to the hospital for the afternoon.  It was just the four of us and I loved it.  Barrett still wasn't all that crazy about sister but he was starting to warm up.

I love this picture of me and my babies.  We totally had to bribe Barrett to get it but it was worth it.  

My parents came that evening to get him and he finally asked to hold her.  It was adorable while it lasted.

Our first day home.  She slept good the first few days.

Love my snuggle time.
We came home from the hospital on Thursday.  Thursday evening I started having a headache but didn't think much of it.  It got worse through the night.  By Friday morning I was in tears.  I called the doctor and they thought it was a spinal headache and told me to come in.  Barrett was still with grandparents so Patrick, AveryAnn and I loaded up and headed back to the hospital.  They decided it was a spinal headache and the only treatment is a blood patch so they sent us down to labor and delivery to do the procedure.  It was somewhat painful but provided immediate relief from the headache.

After we got home from the hospital on Friday, Patrick went to get Barrett and we were officially all four home.  Barrett asked to hold her and he looked at me and said "I wove my baby sister" and I about died from the sweetness.
On Saturday we took AveryAnn to her first check up.

Sunday we went to lunch at my parents house because my sister and her husband were leaving Monday for a 4-6 month vacation.  I was happy she got to meet AveryAnn before they left.  I'm excited for them but we miss them when we're all together.  
I think that is all from the first week.  I'm exhausted now and reading back I realize I should have probably rested more in the beginning. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family. It is nice to have both a boy and a girl. I have both myself, and they hold different, but equally important pieces of my heart.