Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In

So, I feel better than I have in a really, really long time.  I had no idea how much the food I was eating was affecting my life.  I didn't realize just how bad I really felt until I felt better.  It has been amazing.  I have more energy, my mood is stable.  I feel like a completely different person.  The people around me are probably tired of hearing about how shocked I am and how good I feel.  I'd been feeling really lousy the first half of this year.  At one point I thought I might have post partum depression.  But it didn't make sense for it to happen so late, my baby was almost a year old.  I thought if I got back on my medication for ADHD I would feel better.  I felt a little better but I kept telling my doctor that I still just didn't feel good.  She checked my thyroid and everything was normal.  She just kept saying, "you've got two kids, you're going to be tired."  To an extent that was true but I guess tired wasn't really the word I should have used.  I was uninterested & unmotivated to do anything.  I loved the thought of going out and doing something but almost always talked myself out of it.  My house was an absolute disaster.  (I'm a terrible housekeeper but this was way worse than normal.)  I would let the dishes pile up until A) I needed something that was dirty (like a sippy cup) or B) Patrick got fed up enough to take care of them (if you know Patrick you know it had to be pretty bad for him to get fed up with it).  I would go days without showering.  The thought of having to get ready exhausted me.  I felt a lot like I did in college right before I was diagnosed with ADHD so I knew it wasn't normal but I couldn't make it better.  Just when I'd get ready to call and make an appointment with the doctor I'd start to feel better and decide that I was fine.  Then a few weeks later it was the same feelings.  I'd decided it was hormonal and that I would just have to live with it. 
I started this diet on a Friday.  Saturday, Sunday & Monday were brutal.  If it hadn't been for my friend/coach/talk me off the cliff person, Brittany, I would have quit.  She kept me sane and for that I'm thankful.  Tuesday I was still not real happy about the whole thing and I was looking forward to vacation so I could finally be done.  I would have completed my 3 week goal and I would be done.  Wednesday evening I noticed that the red bumps I'd had on my arms since AveryAnn was born were almost completely gone.  Thursday morning, my alarm went off and I thought, "listening to podcasts while I'm getting ready has really motivated me to get up and get ready every morning".  My bed was made everyday, The kitchen was cleaned and the dishes handled each night.  I finally realized it was the diet.  It was my body finally coming off of all the crap I'd been eating for years.  I felt better that I had in years.  I was shocked.  I've told anyone who will listen how much better I feel. For a day or two I was convinced I had a gluten allergy (google those symptoms) but now I think it's just all the crap I was eating was bogging my body down.  I feel relief.  Now I've been researching what I'm going to eat (and drink) while we're at the beach because I don't want to feel like crap. 
I finally starting seeing some results on the scale and I'm so encouraged.  I've got a long way to go but I'm really confident this time around.
I've been a little more flexible this week as I get more and more comfortable with the plan.  I've also been cooking more and Barrett is starting to love to help me cook which is fun.  Now if he'd only eat what he cooks.  Now for this weeks weigh in.


-3.4lbs from last week! 

I'm not sure if I should measure every week too or not, but I did.
Waist: 37" (-2" from last week)
Chest:  44" (-1" from last week)
Hips:  43" (-1" from last week)

I'll take it!
I really am so proud of myself for sticking to this. My goal weight is 135lbs.  Its been about 6 years since I've weighed anywhere close to that but I know I can do it.  It's going to take time.  I'm hoping to reach my goal before 2018.  Slow and Steady is my motto.  Along with "Is it worth it?"  This is what I tell myself every time I want something that I shouldn't have.  So far it's worked.

No comments: