Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 10-11

Wednesday Weigh-In didn't happen last week.  I think I've been pretty honest lately that I've been struggling to get back on track.  I needed something to get back in gear so I decided to try a KETO ReBoot.  My cousins did it back in February and said they liked it so I decided to give it a try this month.  I'm tired of losing and gaining the same 5 pounds every two weeks.  I'm ready to lose this weight for good.  I feel like I'm doing great maintaining, problem is this is not the weight I want to maintain.  So the ReBoot kicked off Sunday night at 8:00pm.  It's basically a 60 hour fast.  In the kit you get meal supplements that are packed full of ketones to send your body into ketosis.  Yall, this was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  The supplements were awful.  I can usually eat just about anything and I could not choke these things down.  One wasn't too bad but that was it.  Monday night I was nearly in tears I was so hungry.  I decided to go to HIIT to get my mind off of food.  I actually had a really good workout.  I had more energy than I'd had in a long time.  The ketones were definitely working.  I struggled through Tuesday.  Considering giving up several times but I'd made it that far I wasn't going to quit now.  I made it all the way until this morning.  I couldn't wait to get up and make bacon and eggs and drink a cup of coffee.  It was delicious.  Will I do the ReBoot again?  Probably not.  I feel like I can achieve the same results without buying the kit, especially since I didn't like most of the products.  Am I glad I did it?  Yes, I wanted to try the products anyway and I needed something to reset my system and get me back into ketosis and I accomplished both of those things.  My goal is to stay in ketosis for 5-6 weeks.  I'm not sure I'll survive Easter but I'm going to give it my best shot! I really want these last 14 pounds gone forever! and I really do feel so  much better, I sleep better and have more mental clarity when I'm in ketosis.  You'd think that alone would be motivation enough but sweets are a powerful thing.  
I'm up 1.8lbs from two weeks ago.  I'm not happy about it but I'm not going to let it undo everything I've worked so hard for.  I'm still so close to my goal.  I'm more focused and determined now.  I'm confident I can knock these last pounds out before summer!  If I didn't eat for 60ish hours, I'm pretty sure I can do this.  

No comments: