Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas to all

And to all a Good Night!


We've had a wonderfully busy day. I feel so blessed to have such awesome famililes.  I love my family so much we are all so close and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Patrick's family is so great too.  I love spending time with them too.  We don't see them as much (we only see them once every two weeks where I see my parents at least once a week!) so when we get to spend time with all of them it is so nice! 
We started with breakfast at my parents house.  We all opened gifts and in the chaos we had a small fire.  Someone threw wrapping paper on a lit candle while they weren't paying attention.  I was the first on the scene and completely panicked.  I started fanning it (I didn't know what else to do) then my dad started yelling to stop fanning so started blowing it.  I know I'm an idiot.  My dad then picked up the flaming paper to take it out the front door.  He opened the door and greeted my aunt and uncle with a flaming pile of paper.  It was a very Griswold moment!
The Griswold  Maxwell Family!

Complete with our own version of "Cousin Eddie"!  (My two bothers)

Sweet Harper opening her presents.

Porter throughly enjoying the Monster trucks on TV.

Ava Jane.

Drew showing off his loot.

Ally is her "Mrs Claus" dress with her Daddy.

For lunch we headed to my grandmother's house.  So real excitment there.  Just some eating and gifting. 
For dinner we headed to the Horton's House.  Ms. Melissa is the best cook I know (sorry mom!  You're a close second and she has had a lot more practice than you!).  She had enough food to feed and army and it was all wonderful.  We opened our presents before dinner since Patrick had to go to work.  I just got home about an hour ago and I am exhausted. 
We gave Sam & Gracie their Christmas bones and they couldn't have been more thrilled!
Gracie

Sam


We had a nice night last night too.  My family had dinner before my sister and I went to Mass and then we had some friends come over after church.  Patrick got off work earlier than he thought he was going to so he was already home when I got home.  I was so excited!
We are so blessed!  Both of our families really out did themselves.  We received way more than we deserve but are so thankful for all of it.  I can't wait to put everything away! 
Did everyone have a great holiday? I truly hope so!

No comments: