Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ten years ago today my Grandaddy (my dad's dad) passed away.  He had a massive heart attack and it was all very sudden.  Christmas Day was the last time we saw him. He was such a special man.  He pretty much spoiled us rotten.  If we wanted it he bought it.  One year for my birthday he got me a trampoline.  I had been saving my money to buy one but he suprised me.  It was awesome.  Some of my fondest memories are summer days spent on the lake.  We would load up the pontoon boat and ride all day long.  We'd take a picnic lunch and stop for swim breaks.  He would take us fishing and he'd take the boys hunting.  One year I asked for a compound bow and arrow set for Christmas and I was so excited when I got it.  I think he was pretty excited too.  If we ever rode with him he'd stop at the gas station and let us got a Sunkist or Grapico.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever!  I often wonder how my life would be if he was still alive.  I wonder what he would think of my husband.  I wonder how he'd feel about me graduating from Alabama since he was a huge Auburn fan (he'd be proud no doubt!).  He always made me smile.  I love him and miss him so much!  Just wanted to remember him today! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.