Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Huntin' Club & 4-wheeler ridin'

Last month Patrick joined a new hunting club for the year (and probably many, many years to come!)  The one he was a member of last year was to far for him to go on his off days and they didn't have anywhere you could stay the night.  So he was really wanting to find something closer to home.  Well one of his buddies found this place and it is thirty minutes from our house and has a nice lodge and a couple cabins you can stay the night at (although since it is so close he won't really have to stay the night!).  The property is close to 10,000 acres so he had to have a four wheeler to ride out to the hunting spots.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea of spending the money but I gave in.  Plus I enjoy being outside and we have kind of fallen into a rut of just sitting on the couch and watching TV every. single. day!  It was getting old.  So yesterday when I got off work we loaded up and headed to the club.  It was so nice.  They also have a stocked fish pond where you can fish and a nice size creek runs through the property and it is beautiful!  They have little campsites set up along the river where you can bring you tent and camp right on the water!  We rode for a couple hours so I could see some of the property!  It was so nice to hang out together not in front of the TV! The weather was beautiful!  It was hot in the sun but out in the woods it was so cool!  We saw some turkey and a couple snakes!  I can't wait to go back!


(Just a few pictures from the ride!  I didn't take my camera while we were riding and these were made with my p&s so they are not so great!)

No comments: