Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July

I'm finally getting around to recaping the holiday weekend.
I love the 4th of July. I always have.  For as long as I can remember we've spent at least part of the weekend at the lake.  When my Mimi was still alive was always had a big barbecue at her house and I can remember playing in one of those small kiddie pools in her little yard with my cousins.  Now that he has passed we invite my mom's family up to the lake.  Most of them don't come but the ones who do always have a great time.  This year we had a pretty small crowd compared to years past.  But we still had a blast. 
Saturday, Patrick's cousin had his family over for a pool party to kick off the weekend.  Patrick didn't get to go but I went.  I had a blast.  I got in the pool with the kids.  It was exhausting watching the three girls (none of them could swim and they didn't have any floaties).  I had so much fun with them though. 
After I left the pool party my sister met me at my house with Drew, Ava, and Porter to head to the lake.  My brother's both had to work so they didn't get to come.  We got up there around 7 and the kids all wanted to go fishing.  It took Dad a good 15 minutes to find them all poles and put hooks and bait on them.  By the time they got their hooks wet they were ready to do something else.  We enjoyed the rest of the night listening to the neighbors sing awful karaoke and watching fireworks.  It was so nice.  The weather could not have been more perfect.  The humidity was kept at a minimum and there was a constant breeze. 
Patrick came up later Sunday night and stayed.  I was so excited that he got to join us!  Monday was spent much of the same way as the other days.  Lounging in the sun and swimming in the lake.  Porter finally got in the water and he was so sweet.  I wish I had a video of him.  He says some of the funniest things.
Now here are a few more photos from the weekend.
Benjamin (my cousins' youngest boy) wanted me to get a picture of all of them.  I thought that was so cute!Drew always get so excited when he gets to see his cousins...he always talks about how we have so many cousins which is funny because in actuality he has no cousins!  They are all second cousins!
This is Benjamin and his older brother Kevin. (Benjamin and Ava are the same age and Kevin and Drew are the same age so they all play really well together)
Porter was having a hard time holding himself up in his life jacket. 
Babo with Ally and Bella. 
The girls in their super cute dresses.  They wanted to swim so bad but would not get in.  They just stood at the bank and whinned.
Me and my sweet baby.
Benjamin was getting a lift from Marley.  (No wonder Ally and Bella were hesitant  to get in! Ha!)
They look like they've been in a bag of cheetos.  They were so dirty!
Last one of the dogs. I promise!  Aren't they so cute though.  They look so much alike here!
Me and sister!
I love her to death...literally! : )


No comments: