Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Easy Living

I love summer! It is in full swing at the Horton House (which I guess it should be since it is the middle of July already, yikes!  So for your enjoyment here is my random list post for the week.
  • Weekend.  This past weekend was great.  Saturday I  layed out all day at my best friend's grandmother's pool.  It was so much fun. She and her cousin Brittany lived together in the dorm on the floor right under me and we've been best friends pretty much ever since.  Brittany also came and layed out with us.  I did get burned just a little bit.  But luckily for me I dont' turn bright red I actually just look really dark when I burn so I've got a pretty good tan now.  After the pool we went to the dollar movies and saw The Back Up Plan with J.LO.  It was cute but I'm glad we only paid a dollar to see it.
  • Bootcamp.  This week starts round two of bootcamp.  I'm excited to get to do all the fitness tests again tonight so I can see how much I've improved.  My sister is doing this round too so that should be interesting.  Actually about half the class is people I know so that will be fun.  I've tried to explain to them that it isn't in the least bit "fun". So maybe they won't hate me.
  • Patrick and I are going to Chicago.  I'm not as excited as I was about two weeks ago.  Patrick is going for work and I'm just tagging along.  He will be in classes from 8:30-5:30 everyday and the area we are staying is about 30 miles outside the city.  We are really hoping to get to do a lot but I'm not holding my breath.  It will be nice to not have to go to work for 5 days.  If anyone has been let me know your must sees.

  • I started reading the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich.  They are hilarious.  There are 16 of them and I've read the fist six.  I'm reading 7 right now.  They are just simple, fun summer reads.  I'm loving them.  I plan on reading a lot while I'm gone.  I've also heard they are turning the fist one into a movie.  I'm looking forward to it.
  • I haven't see Eclipse yet.  I'm wanting to just haven't yet.

I guess that's all for this week.  (Hopefully this won't be my only post this week but I'm not making any promises!)

No comments: