Friday, June 17, 2011

Living Room Sprucing Up

I finally got my living room looking good enough to show yall!  I'm so excited!
When we bought our house (almost four years ago!) every room had been freshly painted (except the basement den) so we didn't do much when we moved in.  All of our widnow treatments were left by the previous owners and we figured if we're not going to change the paint colors we wouldn't change the curtains either (for the time being at least). 

Before


After
It all started when I moved this settee up to the living room. I'd bought it from a friend for the basement but decided we needed something in the window. We also needed the extra seating. This prompted moving the TV to above the fireplace.  I knew I wanted new curtains with some color because everything was so blah beige boring.  I found these at World Market and I love them.  The wall color is Linen by Eddie Bauer.  It's a grey color.  Our whole house is this color except the kitchen.  I hate to paint so I'm trying to work with it. 
I love how the curtains look against the beige settee and the green chair.
Yes, the deer head is still in our living room.  No, I don't love it but I try to pick my battles and Patrick lets me do pretty much anything I want decor wise so I'm tolerating it.  He says he'll move it to the man room when he kills another one. 

Here's the new ladder bookcase with the TV on the wall.  Have I mentioned how much I love the TV up there.  We love it.  It makes the room seem so much bigger!  I wish we'd done it four years ago!

I love this mirror.  I found it in my parents basement.  It looks better in person.  It looks weird in the photo, not sure why.  I also found that lamp in my parents basement.  I love it.  I'm not sure how I feel about that shade but it's the best one I've found so far so I'm going with it!
I've still got to get some throw pillows and such.  I also have one of our wedding pictures that I want to hang on the wall I'm just not sure where yet.  But I'm in love with how it's turned out so far. 
I'm working on the kitchen now.  It may be my favorite room when I get finished!

1 comment:

monicaggamble said...

It looks great! I love the curtains!