Thursday, June 23, 2011

Words about Wednesday!

Yesterday we enjoyed another day on the beach!  I've read three books in three days and I could not be more happy about it! 
Our view from the balcony at lunch time.  The water has cleared up a lot since the first day so we were able to get in yesterday.  It's pretty rough. There have been red flags out.  I tried to get out on a float but kept sliding off because of the sunscreen I'd put on.  It was actually pretty funny.  I could barely swim I was laughing so hard at myself.  I'm pretty sure the people around me thought I was mental or drunk. 


For dinner we headed to the Captain's Table.  It's a family favorite.  I hadn't been in a few years so I was really excited.  We had to wait about an hour for a table so we walked around the marina and watched the sunset.  We ended up just sitting at the bar and I'm glad we did.  The bartenders were super friendly and a lot of fun to talk to.  We watched them shuck oysters right in front of us.  We really enjoyed our food and the atmosphere.

I had the grilled shrimp with fried okra.  It was the best grilled shrimp I've ever had.  Patrick had fried shrimp he agreed it was the best shrimp he'd had too. 

I've developed some sort of heat rash or sun poisoning on my chest and arms so I think we're gonna hang out inside today. Maybe do a little shopping not sure.



No comments: