Thursday, August 4, 2011

She said Yes.

We've had some exciting things happening in the family this week. 
Monday night my sister had the audacity to interrupt the Bachelorette finale to call and tell me that she got engaged!
I know, I can't believe she would steal Ashley & JP's thunder like that either. 
Day 214
I would love to say that my first reaction was one of joy and excitement.  But it wasn't.  truth be told I haven't been in love with this relationship from the get go.  But I do love my sister more than words can say so for that reason I put on a brave face and told her Congratulations.  Then immediately broke out in tears. 

After a good night's sleep I woke up late got ready and went to work.  I decided that I wanted to go to Tuscaloosa and take Elizabeth to lunch.  So I left work early and headed to Tuscaloosa.  We had a nice lunch at Bento and headed back to the house.  I enjoyed hanging out with the college kids.  My sister and I got to talk alot and I really enjoyed it.  We both were so glad we got to spend that quality time together.  It meant so much to me and I feel like we got a lot off our chests and I left there feeling much better about the situation.
She is so happy and so excited and I'm so glad that I was able to share in this special time.  If Clay makes her half as happy as she seems then they will be okay.  And if he doesn't, well he's got a lot of people to answer to.

(I'm sorry Liz but this picture cracks me up.  He's so tall and you're so small)
He took her on a tour of the stadium and proposed in the press box on the 50 yard line.  She's over the moon and I really am happy for her.

No comments: