Friday, July 13, 2012

42nd Street

Last night I was able to go to the final dress rehearsal for the production of 42nd street.  My dad got involved with our local community theater a decade or so ago because my sister wanted to audition.  They needed a man to play the huntsman in Snow White so Dad was cast in the role.  He's been involved ever since.  I think he's been on stage in every performance which is kind of hilarious to me.  I mean he was The fiddler on the roof. I think they do 3 performances each year. Usually a dinner theater in the spring, a summer production with a bigger cast with more young people and a dinner theater or seasonal production in the fall/winter. 
Each year I am amazed at the talent.  This year's show was no different.  I knew nothing about 42nd Street going into this show,  so I had no expectations what so ever.  There were a lot of fresh faces that I hadn't seen in previous performances and a few familiar faces too.  It's nice to see the kids that have been in a few shows and how they've grown and matured as performers. 
So if you're in the area and are looking for something to do this weekend.  Shows are tonight 7:30, tomorrow night 7:30 and Sunday matinee.  Tickets are available at the door. This year the show is at the Gardendale High School Auditorium.
With my dad after the show.

No comments: