Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July

(I thought I posted this last week, better late than never.)
 
To celebrate our nation's independence, I headed to the lake for the day.  Sometimes I'm amazed at the amount of people and crap we can accumulate.  Yes, I know and/or am related to every single one of these people.  What can I say, we like a crowd.
I should have taken pictures of the food.  Man was there food.  It was all so delicious.

As with any major holiday at the lake, there were injuries.  Mostly insect related.  Dad got stung by a yellow jacket.  Me in all me hilarity kept referring to them as "tracker jackers" especially when they were chasing my sister. She was the only one who got the joke but man did we laugh.  The white stuff is toothpaste.  My cousin Mark, the eagle scout, put it on him.  I'm not sure if it is actually a remedy or if he just thought it'd be funny.
All in all it was a fun day, but I enjoyed coming home to my comfy, quiet house.
 

No comments: