Sunday, September 21, 2014

Later Gators

Saturday was the SEC opener for the Tide.  We loaded up Saturday morning to head to Tuscaloosa.  Traffic was a nightmare.  We had to make one stop at John's exit to give him something.  We ended up having to stop at a rest stop because someone couldn't hold it until we got there.  Which if you know my dad is huge because growing up he would only stop one time on the way to the beach, a five hour drive.  We finally made it.  I think it took us close to two hours.  Not fun.  I was a little nervous because this was the first time in 10 years that we weren't hosting the tailgate.  Luckily my cousin and his wife invited us to tailgate at their house and it worked out perfectly.  they live almost the exact distance from the stadium as John's apartment.  It was different being at a house that wasn't occupied by college kids but it was fun!  I was also nervous that i was going to be the only "kid" there.  Not that my parents aren't great but part of the fun of past tailgates have been all the people.  Turns out I was all worried for nothing.  
My sister and her husband came.  She was so happy to see me.



Before we knew it, it was time to head to the stadium.  I sat with my dad.  He has fun seats.  It was a beautiful, hot day.  Like really hot.  I was so happy we were in the shade for the last half.

We had a god time.
After the game we headed back to my cousin's house to hang out.  My cousin Mark made an appearance. 

Some of the "M" cousins.  Mark, Mary Margaret and Me.  (Mary Margaret is actually a second cousin.  Her dad is my first cousin, we were at their house.)

We missed everyone that wasn't there.  I didn't take very many pictures.  I was too busy visiting.  I'm not sure I'll get to go to any more games this season but I hope to make at least one more.  I'd like for Barrett and Patrick to go.  As far as the actual game goes, holy moly did they grease the ball?  We couldn't hold on to it for anything, for a while there I was nervous.  Thankfully we got our act together pulled out a big win.  Looking forward to the week off.


No comments: