Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September Goals

I did ok with my August goals.  I'm going to be honest and admit that August was pretty much a blur.  1)  I got our main "command center" in the kitchen somewhat organized.  I have a place for everything and we've done a decent job at keeping it organized.  I still need to further organize a few places.  2)  Meal Plan.  I've done a pretty good job at planning the meals, it's the follow through where I've struggled. Ha.  3)  I went to the gym exactly 3 times. so this was a fail, big time.  4)  I never got around to cleaning out the guest room.  I'm moving it to my September goals.  5)  I got the pantry and laundry room cleaned out and it is so nice to not cringe every time I open those doors.
Here are my September goals...
1)  Make a budget and stick to it.  We've got a couple fun things coming up this fall and I need to be more conscious about where I'm spending money so we have a little wiggle room.  
2)  Cook five nights a week.  Like I said earlier I did pretty good planning my meals but didn't cook enough.  I feel like we only ate fast food during the week a couple of times and it was mainly the week Barrett was sick but I just need to get in the habit of cooking every night.  Not my favorite thing but I'm going to try to learn to love it.
3)  GO TO THE GYM.  So far we're two days in and I haven't been at all.  Even if I don't get to the gym I need to a least get out and jog.  I want to be a runner.  I just haven't devoted the time to it.  I also need to get some decent running shoes but I haven't wanted to spend the money.  It's something I need to invest in. So many people around me are running and training for races and I want to too.  But even if running doesn't happen this month, the gym has to.
4)  Start planning for the holidays.  We're having a Halloween get together like we did last year.  But I also need to start planning for Barrett's birthday as well as Christmas.  Setting budgets and making lists (my favorite part) needs to start happening.
5) Clean out guest room.  This is a carry over from last month.  It needs to happen ASAP.
6)  Might be my favorite item on the list.  Decorate for Fall.  I usually put everything out Labor Day weekend but it didn't happen.  Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll start dragging it all out. 

So there you have it.  My goals for the month of September! 


No comments: