Sunday, July 23, 2017

Baseball & Bowling: Weekend Review

We had a busy, fun weekend!
Thursday, we headed to the library to have our reading logs checked for the last time this summer.  Barrett and I have had the best time reading and collecting tickets.  We ended the summer with 3370 pages and around 120 books. 
It was superhero week at school and they made these masks and capes and Barrett has worn his all weekend.  I thought it was so cute.

Friday night we had big plans to go to a Barons game with the Moore family.  We got parked, walked over to the stadium and the game was sold out.  We were so bummed. 
We headed back to Gardendale and had dinner on the patio at Buffalo Wild Wings.  The boys ran and played in the grass and we enjoyed dinner.  After that we came back to the house and let the boys play a little while longer and just hung out.  We called it an early night because Patrick had to get up the next morning for work.
Saturday, Brittany came over to cut my hair, then we decided to try to her technique to cover all the gray hair. (Both of my parents grayed early and I seem to be the only one of my siblings that inherited this, lucky me!)  Also we had to go pick up a cake in the middle of this so Brittany was a little nervous how it was going to turn out.  I thought it turned out great.  
 Saturday night, I went to take engagement pictures for some of my good friends. I'm so excited for them and can't wait for their wedding next Spring.
Sunday was a day Barrett had been looking forward to for most of the summer.  It was finally Grampy's bowling party.  My boss Steven had cancer and went through chemo the first 4 months of this year.  He's now cancer free and doing great so he wanted to throw a party to thank everyone that helped them though the time while he was so sick.  He went all out and we had the best time.

Barrett was not very patient while waiting his turn but he made sure to put on a show after each frame.  He was dancing and just having the best time.

Brittany, Me and Amy.  I bowled often one semester in college and I got to be not terrible.  I started a little rocky but finished pretty strong.

This girl missed Grampy all week.  He was out of town on vacation and she looked all over the office for him everyday.  She was so happy to see him and even went right to sleep in his arms.  It was so sweet.  I hate I didn't get a picture of my sister and Clay, they came since Patrick had to work to help me keep and eye on the kids while I was making sure the food stayed stocked for the party. 
We had the best time and can't wait to go bowling again.   
Barrett wasn't ready for the party to end so he brought a piece of cake home with him.
 Now we're snuggled in bed waiting for Daddy to get home and getting ready for the week!

No comments: