Sunday, July 30, 2017

I'm Feelin' 32

I had a really great birthday!  All day I couldn't get Taylor Swift's "22" song out of my head.  Even though I haven't felt 22 in ages!  We started the day watching The Little Mermaid at the Alabama Theatre with a few friends.  Barrett was so excited and AveryAnn had more fun going up and down the stairs in the lobby.
Neither of them would look at me.  This is the best shot I got.

Buddies.

My babies and me on my birthday!

That night I went to the HIIT class I've been going to with a few friends and then the rest of the group met us for margaritas!!!  We laughed so much and had the best time!

We were left and Brittany was taking me and Cassie back to our cars when I had the bright idea to go roll Cristi's house.  We knew she would go home and go straight to bed.  It took a lot less convincing to get everyone on board.  So we met up and headed to WalMart to buy materials.

I have no idea why this was so funny to me, but it was.  I laughed until I cried.  I was afraid Cristi was going to be mad but was hoping she'd find it as funny as we did. 
She says she's not mad at us.  I think she was relieved it was us and not some random person. 

Friday, I was definitely not feeling 22 after staying out until midnight.  We went to work and then Patrick and I had planned to go to dinner for my birthday but he ended up having to work late so we had a little pizza party at home with the kids!  It was a good night! 
Saturday we went to my parents to see Madelyn.  I was going to the pool and I was planning to leave AveryAnn and just take Barrett with me.  I was getting ready to leave and he decided he wanted to stay with my parents too.  So I got a kid free pool day.  I got to read by the pool.  I can't tell you how long it's been since that happened.

John and Hope came to get Madelyn and AveryAnn wanted to go home with them.  I just love this picture of my brother holding both girls.  (AveryAnn insisted on wearing the bunny's pants again)

Reminded me of this picture of John and the girls last year.  AveryAnn was 5 weeks old and Madelyn was 11 weeks.  They've grown so much!
My mom said that about 30 minutes after I left Barrett said he changed his mind and he wanted to go swimming.  I felt bad and I knew that was going to happen but it was good lesson in making choices and living with them.  I got so burned I can barely walk. 
Sunday we went to Mass which was an adventure to say the least.  Then we went to my parents house for lunch.  The kids stayed there while I went to HIIT and not only were my muscles on fire, my skin was too.  It was rather painful but I'm proud of myself for going. 
It was a great weekend.  I'm sad that we only have two weeks left before school starts. 

No comments: