Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In

So this week has been one party after another.  Food, food everywhere.  Luckily it's a grilling holiday so there is plenty of protein available.  But there's also amazing sides like potato salad, baked beans, mac & cheese and desserts. Oh the desserts. I know this sounds ridiculous but I am so proud of myself for sticking to this.  There was a cheesecake that smelled heavenly, but I resisted.  I didn't cheat at all.  I drank a few beers but I counted them in my macros and ate less carbs to make it work.  (I know some hard core Keto people say alcohol is a no  no, but I've decided I can let myself have anything as long as it fits in my macros.  I'm not saying  this is the right or wrong way, It's just my way and I'm still in Ketosis and losing weight so it works for me.) 
When I started this three weeks ago I told myself (and Brittany) I'd do it for three weeks. That would take me right to our beach trip and there was no way I'd be tied down to a "diet" while I was on vacation.  I'd decide when I got back if I'd get back on or not.  Well my how three weeks can change everything.  I've made the decision I'm going to try my best to stay keto while we're on vacation.  The only thing I worry about is alcohol and after this weekend I think I'll be fine.  I love grilled shrimp and veggies so I won't be missing out on seafood.  Our friends that we stay with grill the best seafood on the coast so I'm sure I'll be fine!  I love to snack on the beach but I'm going to get some keto friendly snacks for the beach.  I really think I can stick too it.  If I can't I'm not going to sweat it.  But I really think I can.  I just don't want to gain back everything I've lost.  This is not our last beach trip ever.  I'll be able to drink margaritas next time.  It's just not worth ruining my progress so far.  Speaking of progress...here's this weeks weigh-in.
-2.4lbs for this week. (44lbs to go)
I'll take it, especially when I don't feel like I've been as strict this weekend.  I've still stayed within the macros but I've been choosing foods that aren't as great as I could be choosing.  Still better than what I would have chosen in the past.  
I'm still feeling great too.  My energy has been a little less this week but I think that has more to do with staying up too late.  I've had a few mood swings that were less than ideal but for the most part I feel great.  I've been able to wear some clothes I haven't worn in two years.  That is so encouraging.  I've still got a ways to go but I'm so excited about the progress. 


The inches are slowing down some but I'm still seeing progress so that's encouraging.  I also suspect the beer added a little bloat this week.   But for three weeks I'm very pleased.  I'm not sure what next week will look like.  Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it and see some results but as long as I don't go backwards I'll be happy.  Thank you for following along on this little journey of mine. 

For  your viewing pleasure, I was peer pressured (by a bunch of 4 year olds) into doing a backflip off the diving board.  Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go Mama with that back flip!