Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 4

I survived vacation!  I'm so proud of myself. I stayed in ketosis the whole time I was at the beach.  It kind of felt like week one all over again because I just associate vacation with junk food and margaritas.  I'd brought several snacks that were keto but they definitely weren't the same as crackers and cookies.  I kept telling myself there will be a time when I can come to the beach and eat whatever I want.  This will not be my last trip.  Thankfully, our hosts are amazing on the grill and we had some amazing protein for dinner each night.  Everyone else ate twice baked potatoes that looked amazing but I was perfectly content with fresh grilled shrimp.  I did drink a few beers and counted them in my macros.  I got some halo top ice cream for a treat at night.  Don't get me wrong I would have loved to have margaritas and shrimp & grits but I decided it wasn't worth it.  I think the hardest meal was brunch because I really wanted shrimp & grits and a mimosa.  But I had steak and eggs and it was delicious.
I was so proud that I not only didn't gain any weight this week but I managed to lose a tiny bit.

-0.8lbs

Slowly but surely I'll get there.  I'm seeing progress and it's such a good feeling.

I've lost around 23 pounds between these two pictures.  I've got a ways to go but I'm so proud of how far I've come. 
Thanks for following along. :)