Thursday, January 10, 2019

End of Christmas Break

I decided my word for 2019 was going to be JOY.  So cliché, I know, but it can truly change your outlook.  I'm trying to change me "have to" to "get to".  I don't have to work out, I get to work out.  I don't have to eat healthy, I get to eat healthy.  I don't have to cook, clean, do laundry.  I get to.

New Years Day was declared "Family Day" at our house so we headed out.  Our original plan was to go to the McWane center but they were closed so we hit up the zoo.  We had a great day.  It was overcast but not cold and not crowded.  The kids loved that Patrick was there with us.  


After the zoo we hit up Post Office Pies for some pizza.  Barrett will finally eat pizza.  We rarely go out to eat as a family of 4.  We get take out or just go the two of us. So this was a fun little treat for them.  At one point Barrett looked across the table at us and just said "thanks for today" it was so sweet and made me day.

He took our picture.

My mom gave Barrett a crystal growing kit.  So we grew some crystals.

The next day I took them to McWane because we'd been promising it all break.  It was packed but we still had fun.  Barrett loves this wind simulator.
And the Itty Bitty Magic City.  


AveryAnn was a little unsure at first but she finally warmed up.


We rode the little train that's up stairs and they loved it!


She crashed under the tree that night.

We had a low key weekend before we went back to school on Monday. 
Monday night was the National Championship game and we were ready to cheer on the Tide.  It didn't end like we hoped.  In fact it was pretty terrible to watch.  But we still love our team!

Patrick was out of town and this is what our bed ended up looking like.  AveryAnn is suddenly scared of the dark.  She woke up screaming around 9:30 and woke Barrett up.  While I was rocking her he got up and walked down the hall, I thought he was going to the potty but he was sitting in the living room, he thought it was morning.  So the only way we were getting any sleep was this way.  I still didn't get much sleep but at least they did.  
Now we're back to our routine and it feels good!



No comments: