Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 3

Remember all the things I talked about in my first Wednesday Weigh-In post this year?  All the things about when I gained weight.  Well I have evidence this week.  So last week was a bit of a whirlwind.  I applied for a job (not really knowing what I was applying for) not thinking they'd call me and they contacted me the day after I applied and wanted me to come in for an interview.  So I went.  It went well.  They didn't really have a job for me but thought I could be used and said they really liked me.  I still thought it wouldn't turn into anything.  Well by Thursday night I had an offer of exactly what I asked for and Friday morning I had a new part-time job.  At an ice cream shop.  I know what you're thinking.  My best friend said "Um, are you sure this is a good idea?  Isn't this like an alcoholic going to work in a bar."  And to an extent she's right.  But I'm working in the offices that are away from the shop so I can't even smell the ice cream.  Yesterday was my first day and it went really well.  Except I had to count money in front of my boss and I was so nervous I counted it wrong.  Do you know how hard it is to count some one's money with them watching you?  Its hard.  It was much better after that.  I'm really excited to learn everything.  Barrett is so excited I work at the ice cream shop.  It's really sweet!  I love that the owners (my boss) are young entrepreneurs and appreciate a flexible work environment.  I'm by far their oldest employee but I think it works well for the role I'm in.  But enough about that, this is about my weight...
All that to say, the scale is the same this week.  I'm a little bit relieved because when I weighed yesterday I was up 0.8lbs.  So to at least break even this week was nice.
165.0lbs
I'm not exactly thrilled but I'll take it considering the emotional roller coaster that was last week.  
I also manage to get in 4 workouts last week.  I went to HIIT during the day last Tuesday and Thursday but I'm not going to be able to do that now.  So I've got to figure that out again.  I also met a friend and walked one day and went to HIIT on Sunday.  MY goal is going to be to go to HIIT Sunday and Thursday and then squeeze in an at home workout one other night each week.  I hate working out at home but it's better than nothing and if I only have to do it once a week, I can handle it.
So, there you have it, the good, bad and the ugly.
Also, I'm proud of myself because I have yet to have any ice cream.

No comments: