Monday, November 16, 2020

Weeks 2 & 3 With Adler

 


Get ready for picture overload of basically the same things over and over again.  
Adler's first gameday, she had to dress the part.  Also the day her cord stump fell off.

I have so many helpers.

Barrett's last baseball game.  He finally caught a pop fly and I was so sad I missed it.  We really enjoyed this Fall season!

So many helpers!

Pretty flowers my sister brought.
Cowgirl Day at school.

Wearing all our pumpkins while we can!

Camo day and she got to help carve the class pumpkin!

First time for all three to ride together!  Barrett said "It's a little crowded back here!" ha!

Spider Day again.  Very proud of her teeth.
This was Adler's two week birthday.  I think I'd basically held her for two weeks.  I am so thankful for all the help I have.  Especially those first two weeks.  I was able to really rest and just sit and snuggle and it was perfect!

So proud!

We had newborn pictures done October 30th and I am so in love.  The big kids were perfect and you can tell they are so in love with their sister!  I will cherish these pictures forever!



These are a few of my favorite that I'm not using for Christmas cards or birth announcements.  I'll post the rest eventually.

AveryAnn is home with us all day on Fridays.  She's the sweetest helper.  She does ask if I can play with her more and if I can hold her too.  I know she just needs a little more attention these days.  I'm trying so hard to give the big kids the attention they need and deserve while still caring for the baby.  It's tricky and difficult at times but I think we're all doing a great job of showing each other grace.  I'm so proud of them and how they've handled the transition.  We're all learning as we go.

He loves holding her, for about 3 minutes and then he's done.

AveryAnn asked me to hold and feed her baby too.  Sure, no problem.

The hospital didn't have a photographer this time.  I have the same picture from the hospital of the two big kids on the wall and I needed the match to go with them.  This was the best I could do.  I'm sad because you can tell she's two weeks old compared to Barrett and AveryAnn at 2 or 3 days old, but it's better than nothing.

She was laying on the bed and started fussing and he was able to pick her up and put her on his chest and calm her down.  Can you tell he was proud?


She thinks I have no idea what I'm doing, it's actually comical.  She asked my mom the other day if she even knew how to change a diaper.  My mom has 4 kids and 9 grandkids.  She's changed a few diapers. Ha!

Adler likes to lay flat and stretch out but there's no where safe in the living room.  I bravely laid her on this blanket for a few minutes and AveryAnn didn't leave her side.  
These days are so sweet (and exhausting) and flying by so quickly.  I'm already sad at the thought of Adler being 1 month old this week.  It's just not fair.















No comments: