Thursday, November 19, 2020

Adler One Month

 Adler Marie, you are one whole month old today!

They say time flies when you're having fun and that would definitely be the case this past month.  It's been a whirlwind for sure.  I have tried to be so intentional this time around because I know how quickly the time will pass.  I've held you so much.  Some mornings after we get Barrett and AveryAnn off to school, I've just held you until it was time for preschool pick-up.  And I don't regret one minute of it.  I've tried to embrace the nights you don't want to sleep because I know it won't last forever.  I've tried not to be too hard on the big kids when they are all in your face because they can't get enough of you either.  We all are so in love with you!  You are the gift we never knew we needed.  

This year has been wild to say the least and you have been our bright spot.  One day when you're older we'll tell you all about the world in the year 2020 and you'll be shocked (hopefully you'll be shocked and we're not still living it!).  


You're weighing in at 9 pounds and around 8 ounces. You've gained almost a whole pound since birth!  I measured you at 22 inches. I'm not entirely sure how accurate that is but its a pretty good estimate.  You are growing so fast!  You already feel so much bigger in my arms.  You're wearing a size one diaper and mostly newborn clothes.  The 0-3 month clothes are still a little big but we're making due.  You take 3oz of formula 7 times a day.  You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-5 hours at night.  You sleep 1.5-2 hours between feedings during the day and 3+hours at night.  You've had a couple 6 hour stretches at night and a handful of 5 hour stretches but mostly 3-4 hours.  If I can get 6 total hours each night I can usually function and you've allowed that all but one night so far.  You get fussy every night and cry.  It's getting better.  I'm afraid you're going to be my high maintenance sleeper😆.  You can hold your head up so well and you hate bath time.  

We haven't been many places.  You've been to Nana & Granddaddy's house a couple times and the office a few times.  You've also been to the doctor twice.  Oh and we went to Mass once.  It'll be a while before I attempt that again.  With COVID we've mostly been staying at home.  You ride in the car a lot taking AveryAnn to school and picking her up every day and then we sit in the car while she's at dance.  

You've met a lot of people.  It was weird that no one could come to the hospital to meet you but you've gotten lots of visits since we've been home.  You've met Granddaddy and Nana, Grandmama and Granddaddy,  your great grandmother, great aunt Stephanie, Babo,  Uncle John and Aunt Hope, Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Clay, Cousins; Madelyn, Brooks, Drew, Porter and Harper. Aunt Leslie, and lots of friends!  We've loved getting to introduce you to everyone.  We've been careful not to be around too many people.  Just family and close friends.

Some Highlights: Bringing you home to meet Barrett and AveryAnn.  Your first Halloween.  Rocking you and holding you on my chest.  Seeing how much your sister and brother adore you.  Taking you to church for the first time.

You are so loved!  I'm not sure who loves you the most in this house (it's me)!  I can't believe you've already been here for a month.  Some days it feels like yesterday you were born but most of the time if feels like you've been here forever.  You were always meant to be here.  We love you so much!

Happy first month!  We're looking forward to a lifetime together!

No comments: