Friday, January 1, 2010

Decade in Review

I didn't really see a need to do a decade in review until i was talking with my parents earlier tonight.  We were just talking about how much had changed in our lives this decade.  Our family had been through a lot!  So I thought i'd share a few highlights for our decade.
  • I started high school (I was 14 and had just completed my 1st semester of HS when I rang in the year 2000)
  • Suffered my first (among many) broken heart
  • Turned 16
  • Got my driver's license
  • Got my first car.
  • Graduated from high school
  • Turned 18
  • Moved to Tuscaloosa to attend The University of Alabama
  • Became an Aunt to my sweet neice Ava
  • Rushed and dropped out of the sorority
  • Lost my precious Grandmother very suddenly to cancer
  • Moved into my first "place" at school even though my parents payed the mortgage!
  • Voted in my first and second presidential elections
  • Got my second car
  • Fell in love
  • Was diagnosed with ADHD
  • Turned 21
  • Got engaged
  • Graduated from Alabama
  • Patrick and I bought our first house
  • Got married
  • Was in my best friend's wedding
  • Got my sweet puppy Ally
  • Celebrated our first anniversary
These are just the highlights from the decade.  When I look at it like this I am shocked at how young I was when this decade started.  I was a mere child and now I am a full out adult, married and everything.  It's so hard to believe. 

No comments: